John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Giddy Up!


This past weekend we had Samuel's sixth birthday party. Sixth. I won't go off topic now, I will save my astonishment at how quickly this little fellow is growing for another post.

Samuel decided several months ago that he wanted a cowboy party. One where you could go and ride horses. I did a little investigating and was able to secure a perfect venue for his party.

I have been planning, creating, and buying for this party for a couple of months. I really enjoyed planning this party for him because it was his first party to invite school friends and it is just something I really enjoy.

The first thing I had to do was settle in on an invitation. I found some very cute invitations and a whole package that matched through a recommendation by my sweet friend Lauren of Capes and Crowns. She recommended Lauren Haddox Designs and I couldn't have been more pleased!


After I settled in on the invitation, I got to work on how I wanted to decorate. We were going to a farm and I knew that I would have to take that into consideration. I tried to incorporate vintage cowboy in as much as possible! I decided on red and tan tablecloths with a vintage material as an overlay. 


I then began to brainstorm on what kind of little things could be on and around the table. I decided on old soup cans with burlap ribbon wrapped around them, mason jars with black and tan rope tied around them, a couple of pictures, and a galvanized bucket of white daisies with ribbon and lace around the bucket. Perfect. I hung a banner that said "HOWDY" across the front of the table and sat a blue and white checked quilt out to the side for the kids to sit on and had a table that held the cowboy hats for our guests on the other side.










We had Chicken Feed (Trail Mix), Cowboy Chips and Salsa, Apple Orchard, Hay Bales (Rice Krispy Treats), Tractor Wheels (Oreos), Cupcakes, Kool-Aid, and Water.

Each child received a cowboy hat upon arrival. They got to pet the horses and just scuff around in the grass and dirt while we waited for everyone to arrive.




Once everyone was there we got to go and ride the horses. That was probably every one's favorite part. All the kids seemed to really enjoy it! They each took turns riding the horse for over an hour and a half. While they waited their turn they learned how to rope a calf on a roping dummy. They all loved slinging those ropes around. The kids played, laughed, and were really sweet to one another.

I don't think I will ever forget this little smile. He was SO incredibly happy and would NOT take off that hot long sleeved shirt!



After the riding was finished we headed back towards the shade trees and sang Happy Birthday to Samand let him open presents

This year he asked us for a REAL bow with arrows and a Red Ryder BB gun. We got the bow and my parents got him the gun. He was in Heaven!

After the cake and gifts were out of the way there was just one more fun thing planned...

Ms. Laura of Killen Time Farm allowed the kids to paint her horse and leave their little hand prints.



Afterwards they got to wash the horse off with the water hose. I know the kids especially loved that part!

As they left I handed out little clear plastic bags of S'mores. The tags were adorable. They said Thanks, Partner! Take home for S'more fun! I tied them up with black/tan rope. They were so cute! I did fail to get a picture of those!

I wish I had taken more pictures of the action but I did good to get what I got! 

I can't tell you how much it makes my heart soar to hear Samuel talk about his birthday party in excitement and thank me for his fun party. 

I love this little cowboy SO much.






My cousin, Ashley, captured the BEST picture ever of him. It is my most favorite picture of the whole day!


**Long Live Cowboys**










1 comment:

  1. This venue and this party is rockin'! Girl, this is awesome! Makes me wish we were closer and could do a cowboy party there too when the next birthday rolls around for Parker. Hmmm...if he still loves Woody (from Toy Story) then as much as he does now, I might have to do some research and see what I can find. LOVE it, Sara Beth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!