John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sam-isms



I haven't done a "Sam-isms" post in a while so I think it is high time!

Let's jump right in, shall we?



A couple of days ago on our ride home Sam gave me a Science lesson on snakes:

Mom, dad used to have corn snakes. Do you know about corn snakes? (ME: Not too much, Sam, I don't really like snakes all that much and I don't even prefer to talk about them.) Well, mom, you need to listen to me because one day when you get a little older you may have to go through some danger. I have had to go through danger already at poppa's hunting camp. SO I know about danger. But, corn snakes aren't dangerous. They are nice. If they look sad then just give them some food. If they look mad then just give them some water. They protect our corn, ya know? They sleep in the corn stalks and keep mice, birds, and bugs from eating it. See, corn snakes are good. If we didn't have them...we might not get to have corn at supper time.


That was probably one of the *best* science lessons ever.


The other night I let the kids stay up WAY too late. We were just hanging out and watching shows together. I told them that it was time to start winding down and getting ready for bed. Sam left the room and came back with the FAMILY size bag of potato chips. I just gave him "the" look. He said, "God said!" I gave him another "the" look. He said, "God said I can have these and I know you like to do what God says, don't you?"

The other day Sam got into the car after school and told me that "Kilby Catch" (a game they play in P.E.) had been "abandoned" at his school. After some time of talking and trying to understand I finally figured out that due to unnecessary rowdiness...it had been BANNED.


In conversation one afternoon I asked Samuel what kind of ice cream he had gotten at lunch that day. He said he didn't get any that day. I asked why because I knew I had sent him his ice cream money to school that morning. He told me he gave his ice cream to a friend today because that friend doesn't ever get to buy ice cream but really wants to.


A conversation between brothers:

Sam: Kobe, if you want a girlfriend you have to dress nice. Then she will see that you have nice things and that will make her think you might give her nice things. Just dress nice and give her a rose every now and then. 
Kobe: That's the good thing about being single...you don't have to waste time buying anything girly.



Something Sam told me one morning before school:

Momma, one of my friends at school was scared of the storms after we looked up the weather yesterday in class. I told him not to be scared. I told him that anytime he feels a little scared that he can be brave because Jesus is always with us everywhere. Momma, if Jesus lives in your heart when you don't feel strong He can make you strong.



  1. Photo: I <3 this child!


1 comment:

Thank you for your sweet comment!