John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Hunting We Will Go

This past weekend John took the boys to the hunting camp to meet up with my dad for some afternoon hunting on Saturday. They all got dressed in their camo and packed a few snacks and were ready to hit the road. Sam told me before he left that he was going to shoot a deer and bring it back to me for me to cook it for his supper! HA! 

I had a girl's Christmas party to go to that evening so I knew I wouldn't see them until late. They were supposed to be home shortly after dark so I left a little note about what was for dinner and headed off to the party.

I had a great time getting to see and hug some sweet, dear friends. We ate, talked, and laughed for a few hours and then it was time to head home. It was almost 9:00. When we (me and my mom) got into the car I found out that both of the boys had shot a deer and that they were on their way to the processor's house to drop the deer off. They wanted us to know that they had killed a deer but how it happened would have to wait... they just wanted us to get them something to eat and meet them back at my house with dinner. 

We picked up some food and when we got home they were there waiting. We heard tales of how they saw it, shot it, tracked it, and brought it out of the woods. This was Kobe's first solo kill {John was with him but he let him do everything himself} so that was a pretty big deal. All four guys were just so excited. 

Hunting is hard work! Sam asleep in my dad's lap in their shooting house.

Sam and their deer

Kobe and his deer

Kobe, Sam, Poppa, and deer


I guess John must have been taking the pictures because he isn't in any of them! I meant to get a picture of them before they left that morning but of course, I forgot! I will do better next time!

I bet I know two little boys who will be ready for a hunting trip again this Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!