John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Monday, November 19, 2012

Not the food... but the Attitude!

This past Wednesday night at church Pastor Steve talked about how Thanksgiving isn't about the food...it is about the attitude.

 I read through last year's Thanksgiving post {HEREand was reminded how true that statement really is.
 I made Thanksgiving about something more than just being thankful and being with my family and I know I learned my lesson on that. I am so grateful that God taught me that lesson last year and that Pastor Steve reminded me of it this year.  Sometimes we just get so caught up that we can't see the really important stuff.
What really matters is that your family is together. Be thankful for all the blessings you have. Stop looking at what you don't have and look at what you do have. Reach out to help others. 
This year Faith Church is putting together and delivering Thanksgiving meals to families in our area. The best part? We get to put these boxes in our vehicles and drive to these people's homes and deliver food to them and show them the love of Christ and pray for them. How awesome is that? The program is called Nourishing Hope. I love it! I am beyond thrilled to be able to participate in this type of outreach. Remember...there are people who wish they had your troubles to worry about. We are blessed and it is time for us to start being a blessing to others instead of always being the ones who want to be blessed! It is time to care for the least of these. It is time to show the love of Christ in a tangible way. It is time to get Kingdom minded. It is past time to be about our Father's business.
You may be sitting there thinking... I don't have anything to offer. Yes you do. You have a friendly smile. Sometimes a smile is enough to boost someone's entire day. You have hands that can hold a door open for someone or a mouth to speak life into someone. My kids and I always bake cookies and take them to the gas station attendants that are having to work. Something so simple...yet so big to someone else. It doesn't matter what you do...just do something for someone else.
I challenge you (along with myself) to make this Thanksgiving not about the food...but about having the right attitude (thanks Pastor Steve for the phrase!). Let's be thankful and mindful of our heart and our attitude and be a blessing to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!