John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Friday, November 2, 2012

Just one of those days...





        Have you ever had "one of those days"? I did the other day. A friend of mine emailed me about something that was going on and in an attempt to make her laugh and feel better, I shared my "fun" day I had been having. By the end of it... I found myself literally laughing out loud. It is true laughter is the best medicine!

      Psalms 126:2 Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.

This was my Tuesday:

        Woke up late
      Walked into the living room to find 120 pounds of dog on my    couch L he.is.not.allowed!
    Yelled at the dog then he followed me around whining because I yelled at him…no joke!
      Couldn’t get Kobe up for ANYTHING. I was on the brink of    resorting to water in the face!
      Sam was a little stickler and didn’t want to get dressed or anything else #almostaboutotloseitatthispoint
      Sam has grown since the last time he wore the jeans I laid out for him #changeclothes #runningevenlater
 Changed pants and sent him to brush his teeth and hair
     Came out with toothpaste all over his shirt #changeclothesagain
     Can’t seem to find his toboggan with FOUR pairs of eyes looking
     Get his milk poured for the car and I DROPPED the stupid gallon of milk on my toes. It busted and milk went everywhere. #reallylate
     Cleaned it up. Handed Sam his honey bun and milk. Found the toboggan. Got his coat on. #finallyoutthedoor
      Tried to cheer myself up when I got in the car by turning on my favorite radio station #nothingbuttalking
  Drop Kobe off. #1down2togo
      Get almost to the high school when Samuel says, “I don’t have my honeybun and milk.” I say, “well, that is just fabulous!” #nobreakfast #helaiditdownwhenhegrabbedhistoboggan
      Get Callum to run in and buy Sam a biscuit and milk from the  cafeteria #probablyjuststartedsomethingIwillwishIhadn’t
      Callum grabs his backpack and runs into the school #2down1togo
      I am leaving the high school parking lot at the time I am normally   pulling up at Kilby L #canwesaylate?
      Get almost to KIlby and I hear, “I don’t have my backpack.” #luckilyitwashidingundermycoat
       Drop Sam off #justmetogo
       Finally get to UNA and have to drive in to the parking deck for   parking because faculty is taken up by now #scary
     Park on the SEVENTH floor
       Get into my office and have a MOUND of things that need to be      handled right away

      But at least the day is winding down and I am on the home stretch   #seesbubblebathandearlybedtimeinfuture

     This seriously made me laugh after I typed it all out. I mean, these  problems are so SMALL compared to some people's problems. I  think it sometimes helps to write down your "problems" and then  read over them... you will probably laugh! And... just for the record  my day got MUCH better and it ended fantastically!

I     thought this was a good "Just for Laughs" post!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like my week last week! I enjoyed catching up on your blog this evening and looking at how big your handsome boys are getting <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!