John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

52 Home--Week 42

This morning I took my boys with me as I always do to vote. I remember very vividly and fondly my parents taking me with them to the polls to vote. They always tried to go together as a couple to vote so I just tagged along with them both. It made a pretty big impact on me and I wanted to share it with my boys just like they shared it with me.


I love that my boys are proud to wear their "I Voted" stickers to school. Dr. Webb (the Chair in the department I work for) went over with her clinical teaching students and saw Samuel. She said Sam walked right up to her and said "Look, we match!" and showed her his "I Voted" sticker!

I hope my boys look back and remember me taking them to the our designated voting place and sitting them at the table with me and explaining how the ballot works and what a privilege it is to have the right to vote! Then of course, I let them take turns putting the ballot in the machine. Since it was Sam's first year as a "big boy" he did the honors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!