John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, September 13, 2012

In Full Swing

Well, the school year is in FULL swing! 

Callum is trying to adjust to being a sophomore and having to deal with making decisions that could  change his life (college, grades, clubs, extra curricular activities). He has just started playing in the worship band for the youth group at our church. Last night was his first night to play and he did very, very well.  He has had "plans" , the real teenage kind, a few weekends and that makes me feel kind of sad and glad all at the same time. He is having to learn a few hard lessons but who of us didn't at the tender age of 15?! It is HARD being a teenager. I hear people say all the time that they wish they could go back to high school? WHY? I sure wouldn't. I like my 30s just fine! This is the best part of my life...so far!

Kobe is learning what it is like to be a fifth grader. He is doing well so far. I know it will get harder as the year continues on but as for now the child has all 100s and I am pretty proud of him for that. I am watching him become more and more responsible. At the beginning of the year we had to purchase a daily planner through the school. I will be honest, my first thought was: WHAT? A generic planner??? I would have much rather bought him a personalized/cute one but the one he has seems to do the job so I guess it doesn't really matter what it looks like, huh? {On a side note, I just got a little pang of guilt and reality as I typed that because I have been online just now designing my new Erin Condren planner for 2013...kind of second guessing that right about now...} He is really enjoying having that little planner. He writes in his BEST handwriting in it. You can tell he is taking pride in his work and trying to be responsible. Which, makes this momma pretty proud. I have "ordered" him to read at least two chapters in his chapter book (they read one every 3 weeks in his class) every night if he expects to play football and go to practice and games. Yesterday, I got home and he had his homework laid out for me to look over and showed me that he had not only read 2 chapters in his book but FIVE! He is playing football and has been playing a couple of different positions but his favorite of course is quarterback. I love when he walks over to help kids up who have been tackled or who have fallen down. I am telling you, if there was a Ms. Congeniality of football....Kobe would be in first place! What I am trying to say is ... my little boy is growing up...and I am pretty happy with the way he is going about it. I better enjoy these times because I know he is on the brink of those dreaded teen years!

Samuel is finally LOVING Kindergarten. I didn't think this day would ever come. He had been looking at me so pitiful and worried every single morning. Now he is ready to go in every morning with a smile! He is not getting into any trouble, which I wasn't worried at all that he would but he has moved up to "Rockstar" status at least once or twice and he is pretty proud of that accomplishment. He has been doing well with his homework and reading so far and we are all falling in love with his little school. Samuel starts flag football on Monday. That should be very interesting. Samuel has been saying some of the FUNNIEST things lately. Here are a few examples:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Momma, I am so mad at Kobe right now. I mean, I am REALLY angry at him. And Momma, I know I am going to forget that I am mad at him and I am going to play with him but when I do I want you to remind me that I am still mad at him!

We don't allow the kids to say lie, lying, liar ... I just think it sounds ugly so I say, "So-and-so I think you might be telling me a story" and I give that mom look and they will generally confess. Yesterday on the way home from school Samuel was telling me a tale and I just turned around and look at him and he said, "You caught me, Momma. I am just storying you!".

This morning I was telling Kobe bye and that I loved him and told him I hoped he had a great day! He said, Mom I know today is going to be great because tonight is Royal Rangers! He headed off and about twenty minutes later as I was "pumping" Sam up for walking in to school I told him that I just knew he was going to have a great day today! He said, Yeah I know I am because I get to go upstairs with Kobe for Royal Rangers at church tonight. Needless to say, he went right on in to school without a sad look or any worries... Now THAT is how you start a morning! First morning since school started that I didn't feel terrible driving to work! ♥


Sam:Mom I want to sky dive (decides this while watching man vs. Wild) for my birthday.
Me: I.don't.think.so.
Sam: But mom why?
Me: well, for starters you are little.
Sam: But I'm not scared and I will have a parachute built in my clothes...It's safe. 
Me: Again, not a chance.
Sam: It's safe! I will be fine. Duh! That man's mommy lets him! No fair!



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The boys are really keeping me busy these days between homework, tests, sports, Royal Rangers, and church I am always running but I wouldn't have it any other way because I know that this season in my life won't last nearly as long as I want it to.

I am so incredibly grateful that God chose ME, I mean ME, of all people to be their mom. I am also grateful for the pretty amazing man that he gave me to be my partner in this life. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!