John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday 08-09-2012

Each Thursday for about two years now I have tried to come up with atleast ten things that I was thankful for that week. It could be something very small and insignificant to some or it could be something HUGE. At first, (at that point in my life) I struggled sometimes to find ten things but now I have to make myself stop. So, here is this week's top ten:

1. God. He is so good to listen to us. His ways and thoughts are higher. I mean, He is GOD. So, when I specifically pray for something and HE manifests these things... it is so special to me. I mean, He is in charge of everything yet He still hears and listens to me.

2. Jesus. I am thankful for the example that Christ gave us. To love. To love. To love. The Bible doesn't say love this person if... or love this person when... it just says love.

3. Opportunities. This week is John's last week in his current position at work. I am really thankful for the opportunity for growth and promotion that begins next week for him. He really, really deserves it and I am very proud of him.

4. Maturity. Lately, I find myself sounding and acting more mature about situations. Sometimes the right thing to do is the hardest. Sometimes you have to be willing to put your pride aside and do the right thing...even when others won't. And you know what? It doesn't matter if they don't. It matters that you did.

5. Wednesday Night Meals. I am really thankful for these. At our church you can go about an hour early on Wednesday nights and eat dinner. The cost is $3 a person or $10 for a family. Not only is it great food at a great price...but you get to see people. You get to talk to people. You get to hang out with your family and chat about the day without feeling hot and tired from preparing the meal and dread rising up about having to clean the kitchen. It is such a convience to our family and I like getting to chat with people that I otherwise wouldn't have had the opportunity to chat with.

6. Ipods. I have been trying to get Samuel started on some kind of resemblance to a schedule since school will be starting soon. He hasn't ever really had a bedtime or a bedtime routine (I know, I am awful!) so now I am really feeling the "burn". I have started making him go into his room to lay down in his bed to go to sleep to begin getting used to it. The past two nights he has been able to fall asleep in his own bed (Before he was falling asleep while I or John held him and rubbed his back) with the help of a lamp and an ipod. Gotta love that ipod!

7. Off Days. I am looking forward to spending some time with my two favorite little guys ...

8. Marshmallows. Did you know that you can eat 17 Stars and Stripes (The July 4th edition)  marshmallows for just 90 calories??

9. Technology. Those who really know me just did a double take. You see, I am a little behind on the times when it comes to some technology and I often have to ask a lot of questions about things that others just quickly understand. BUT yesterday, I was able to schedule an appointment, pay some bills, contact an old friend, and confirm dental appointments for the boys. Now, that is the kind of technology I can live with!

10. Answers. Answers I get from my kids about things. They make for great laughs and great memories! Yesterday morning I asked Samuel what he thought he might like to be when he grows up. His answer? A snowman. Why does he want to be a snowman? SO he doesn't have to get too hot because they live in snow and cold and so that he can play with kids all the time. But when the kids get tired he can just relax in his gloves and scarf. Funny answers!

What are you thankful for this week? Sometimes we don't think we could come up with ONE thing that we could feel thankful for or blessed with. I have been there when I felt like the whole world was on my shoulders. But if you will try to begin to name just one or two you will feel so much better and pretty soon you will be narrowing down your list because you can't quit thinking of things. Whether you can only utter that you are thankful for the food in your pantry or the clothes on you back...just give thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!