John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Peer Pressure

Well, it looks like I caved in... to peer pressure. I always tell my kids not to but in this case I just couldn't help it. I have been seeing all of the "If You Really Knew Me" posts and I just couldn't help but get on the bandwagon on this one. So here it goes:

If you really knew me, you would know that I LOVE Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. It is my favorite! I rarely buy it at the store because no one else in my house likes it and I hate to buy a container just for me.

If you really knew me, you would know that I love to create and paint. I love to turn on Kobe's ipod in my kitchen and spread everything out and just paint and use my hot glue gun.

If you really knew me, you would know that I am trying to be less of a neat freak but it is hard. I do like things certain ways and things in particular places....but I am working on it!

If you really knew me, you would know that I LOVE looking at new clothes. I love going and perusing a store for cute things for me. The unfortunate thing of it is, I always end up with NOTHING for myself when I check out because I love buying for my kids instead.

If you really knew me, you would know that I feel extremely guilty when I buy myself something (I am working on that too) and so I justify it by buying for our home when really I want to buy myself a new dress or shirt.

If you really knew me, you would know that I love the smell of GAIN. If it comes in GAIN scent... I want it!

If you really knew me, you would know that I also love Clorox. I mean, I love cleaning with it! I love the way my towels smell after being washed and I love mopping with it and cleaning the bathroom and kitchen with it. 

If you really knew me, you would know that I HATE doing laundry. 

If you really knew me, you would know that I am not a reader. I know that is weird to some people. I just have never gotten into reading. I will see a book and think it is a great story and buy it with every single intention of reading it. It will sit around for a while and then I will start reading it ...but I rarely finish it. I have only read probably fifteen or twenty books other than the required reading in school or books to my kids. 

If you really knew me, you would know that I get my feelings hurt quite easily. I rarely say anything...well, to the person that hurts me. I normally just tell John all about it until I am sick of hearing myself talk about it and eventually get over it.

If you really knew me, you would know that I mess up. I make mistakes but I do try to be the best wife, mother, daughter, friend, and co-worker that I can possibly be.

If you really knew me, you would know that a good way to get me to stand up for myself or say something is to mess with one of my kids.

If you really knew me, you would know that I am getting to that point in life where I just want to be around those that want to be around me and my family. If you don't, that is fine...but don't expect me to chase you down because YOU feel guilty. Family doesn't always have to be blood related!

If you really knew me, you would know that I love my dogs. They are cute. I just don't love all the duties that come along with having pets.

If you really knew me, you would know that I love watching shows in order. That is why I LOVE Netflix.  

If you really knew me, you would know that I love watching shows like Criminal Minds but that they scare me to death and I can't watch them at night when I am home alone or if it is getting too close to my bed time!

If you really knew me, you would know that I also feel like it is my duty as an American citizen to watch America's Most Wanted each and every Friday night. I love John Walsh. I watch just to see if I might could be the one that helps "Catch that coward" or "helps put that low-life behind bars" as Mr. Walsh would say.

If you really knew me, you would know that no matter what the temperature is outside or inside... if I am at home sitting down and watching a show or movie or reading (HAHA) I have to have a blanket over my legs.

If you really knew me, you would know that I sneeze about twenty times a day. Sometimes more.

If you really knew, you would know that I pretend to not like cats. I really think they are cute. I just sneeze a lot and my eyes start watering when I get around them and they kind of scare me sometimes.

If you really knew me, you would know that I have trouble saying things the way I want to say them. A lot of times it all comes  out in a mess and although my intentions were good ... it doesn't always seem like it.

If you really knew me, you would know that I hate driving but I hate riding with people worse. I beginning to be OK with riding with John...anyone else and I am a nervous wreck!

If you really knew me, you would know that I love Love Spell lotion from Victoria's Secret. It is my favorite.

If you really knew me, you would know that I can only remember ONE time in the past sixteen years that I have actually painted my fingernails a color. I want to get on the finger nail painting bandwagon. I just don't like the way my nails look painted.... I am hoping it grows on me!

If you really knew me, you would know that I could go on and on forever with this list so I will stop here.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I LOVE the smell of Gain too! I was running in my neighborhood yesterday and someone was apparently doing laundry and I could smell the scent of Gain as I ran by and got happy :)

    Also, I hate riding with people too! My friends make fun of me b/c I would rather drive if we go anywhere b/c I trust myself driving more than them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!