John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Line Up

Several months ago Callum was diagnosed with Stickler's Syndrome. While John was with him at the doctor's office he asked about Samuel and the possibility of him having this disease as well. The doctor told that it was a pretty sure thing since it is a genetically passed down problem. We talked about it and decided to take Samuel in for testing. We prayed about it and believed God for a healing but we also knew that until that healing came he would need preventative procedures and treatment in the mean time.

So, a few weeks ago John and I took Samuel to a Genetics doctor at UAB Children's Hospital. We went to the doctor's office first and did a little question and answer session with the doctor and his research assistant. After that we went to the lab to have some blood work drawn. When we stepped into Children's Hospital and began seeing all of these sick children John and I were overcome with emotion and couldn't help but cry. We felt sorrow and pain for the parents and children going through the different sicknesses but also we were just so grateful that our children are healthy. Once Samuel had all of his blood work done they said it would be about 4-6 weeks before we heard back from them on the verdict. I circled that date on my calendar. Once that date got here and I hadn't heard from them I called to check the status of his testing. I got the doctor's voice mail and left a message. The next day I got a call back saying that they had just gotten his results in that day. She told me that she didn't understand it but that Samuel had NO mutations. He was free of Stickler's Syndrome. I confirmed. Three times. I finally asked if that meant we would no longer need to continue seeing them. She answered that we would in fact be released from their care. I just started sobbing. I think I said thank you and bye but I can't be for sure.

I am just so overwhelmed by Samuel's healing. I am not shocked because I knew it was possible. I am just in awe. I have prayed over him for months that his little body would line up with the Word of God and be made whole. We have all prayed for a supernatural healing that would baffle doctors. We have broken generational curses (medical and non medical) off of his life. We have prayed without ceasing for his renewed and continued health.

Our Daddy God is so good. He hears our every prayer.  I looked up Samuel's name and what meaning it has according to the Bible. Samuel means : God Heard.

What seemed a definite and impossible turned into the possible. With HIM all things are possible.

Matthew 19:26
 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!