John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday 07-26-2012

This week's is a little bit different. I am going to list ten events that happened this week that I am SO thankful for. 

This Week's Top Ten:

1. I am SO thankful that John is ONE week closer to starting his new job. He got a promotion at work and he totally deserved it. He is a loyal employee and a hard/dedicated worker. He is so knowledgeable. He can figure anything out that he needs/wants to and is successful with most all of his endeavors. I am very, very proud and thankful for him. 

2. Sunday morning when we got into the car Kobe said, "WAIT! I forgot my Bible. Can I please go back in to get my Bible?" ... well, of course he could. We were a little later than I had hoped but there was NO WAY I was going to use my famous "tag line" of "Hurry UP I am late" in this situation. I was so thrilled he wanted it. Once we arrived at church it was raining pretty steadily. He tucked that Bible under his shirt so it wouldn't get wet. I had some tears in my eyes. 

3. The other night we were riding in the car and a radio station was asking "Who is your favorite Superhero?" and people could call in and cast their vote. Samuel said, "They didn't say my favorite Superhero." I heard them say Batman so I asked who his favorite was then. He answered, "God and Jesus." Uhm... I may not do a lot right but HELLO??!!! That moment was kind of confirmation that I can do SOME things right.

4. I woke up Monday as a 31 (or twenty eleven in my vernacular...you can read on that HERE) year old woman. I didn't feel any different at all. I guess that is just what happens when you keep getting older. I remember hearing people say "Oh it's just another day" and thinking NO! It is your BIRTHDAY! You ONLY day in 365 that is YOURS and ONLY Yours! But, you know what... when you start getting older...it is just another day. BUT a sweet co-worker brought me a cookie cake. A double layered cookie cake with pink polka dots on it. Cookies, Pink, and Polka Dots. Perfect. I don't think I have had a birthday cake in about 16 years! Then she took me to lunch. I am thankful for her ... she really helped my day move along. When I got back from lunch I had flowers delivered for my birthday and they were beautiful! I am thankful for a great place to work and great people to work with.

5. When I got home from work my sweet FAMILY had been busy little bees. They had mowed the yard and pulled weeds! I was THRILLED! I was planning on doing it myself and with the 100+ degree temperatures... I was VERY thankful that I didn't have to. I normally don't but I had started feeling guilty for not ever helping with the yard work and told the family that I would take care of the yard this week. Lucky for me, I didn't have to! Then I went in to a CLEAN home that smelled delicious! John was in the kitchen cooking my FAVORITE meal....Sloppy Joes. We don't get to have it often because everyone hates it but me and John...so we had them on Monday... it was MY birthday after all.

6. Later that evening we declared it Rainey Family Cinema Night and I asked Samuel what he would like to watch. He said, "I don't care what we watch Mommy, as long as I watch it with you." Have I mentioned lately how much I love this child?

7. Saturday night I got to spend a little time just me and John. We went to Helen and the Blues. It is my favorite W.C. Handy Event. It is a sit down dinner with a couple of different blues/jazz bands and dancing. I love it! John wasn't feeling great and we left the little boys home with Haley so we left a little earlier than I wanted to that night. BUT I got a reprise on date night on Tuesday night when John took me out for my birthday dinner. I like hanging out with JUST him sometimes.

8. I am thankful for hearing my kids ask me to if we are going to church and can we please get there early!

9. I am thankful for meeting new people and making new friends.

10. I am thankful for peace. I am thankful for confirmation. I am thankful for God's Faithfulness and Provision that he shows us every single day.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!