John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday 07-12-2012

If you ever wonder why I do a blog on Thursdays about being thankful please see this post.

This week's top ten :

1. God. He is for us and not against us. He is our Defender and through Him all things are possible. ALL good things come from Him.

2. Jesus. Thankful for the example of Christ. I am so far from it but I do want to be more like Him.

3. John. I am pretty proud of and for him (for a reason I will announce in a couple of weeks) right now. Well, I always am but I am super proud of him right now. I am especially proud of him for his persistence and determination (well, that and for putting up with me!). 

4. Kobe. He makes me laugh. He snuggles with me on the couch late at night when the house is quiet and eats Cheese Nips with me while watching The Walking Dead . We are currently re-watching seasons one and two. He makes me proud. Yesterday Haley (my step daughter that is here in Alabama spending the summer with us) had on a shirt that said "Free Hugs". We were eating dinner and about to leave for church when Kobe said, "Haley, you don't have to wear a shirt that says "free hugs" to church. At our church they just give them to you whether your shirt says it or not". That made me giggle.

5. Sam. That child loves his daddy. He is a daddy's boy most of the time. Sometimes he really just wants me but it is of rare occasion. He cuddles up with me some nights and lets me whisper affirmations in his little ear and tell him how much I love him. I sometimes wonder if he has any part of me in him. I mean he looks like his dad and loves whatever his dad loves. So yesterday when he told me the rules of buying his school backpack, I was pleased to know that he does get some things from me. He said, "Mom, I want my kindergarten backpack to be cool. Not baby. Please don't let it have any movie or cartoon people on there." See? My kid for sure!

6. Haley. It makes me smile that she still wants and needs affirmation from us. She still brings her drawings into whatever room we are in to ask us if we like it. I think it is cute how she acts so independent but then at times a tad bit of "little girl" still comes out.

7. Spontaneous Lunch Dates. Today John met up with me for lunch. We were just chatting on the phone for a few minutes and all of a sudden we decided to meet in an hour for lunch. I love it even more when it is from Subway and it doesn't make me feel bad about the calories I just ate!

8. Things That Make Me Giggle. I am one of those people who can sit and just think of something that happened 6 months ago and laugh like it just happened right in front of me again. This morning I sent an odd text message and it has made me giggle all day long. I sent this to John: "Hey! I was so busy preparing for the zombie apocalypse with you this morning that I forgot to tell you that I am down another pound"! I thought about it after I sent it and I just couldn't help it. I just started laughing. I mean, that is funny... especially coming from me!

9. Rain. I am so thankful that we are finally getting some rain. We have needed it so badly. Down side? I never want to get out of bed.  An extra bonus? It was 72 degrees when I left for work this morning instead of 100.

10. Opportunities To See Friends I Don't Get To See All The Time. Whew! That was a long one to type. I am excited to see some friends that I haven't seen in a while tonight. I love running into people that I haven't seen in 15 years and I equally love running into people I just saw 5 minutes before!

What are you thankful for this week? Sometimes we don't think we could come up with ONE thing that we could feel thankful for or blessed with. I have been there when I felt like the whole world was on my shoulders. But if you will try to begin to name just one or two you will feel so much better and pretty soon you will be narrowing down your list because you can't quit thinking of things. Whether you can only utter that you are thankful for the food in your pantry or the clothes on you back...just give thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I Love your list as well and your blog. Happy to be your newest follower here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you live in Rain country like we do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really... I mean it rains on occasion but not at an abnormal high percentage.

      Delete
    2. **IF you are talking about my blog title...my last name is "Rainey" :)

      Delete

Thank you for your sweet comment!