John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Liebster Award---All About Me

So, this morning sweet Elenie from THE COUNTS blog gave me a Liebster award. Which, I think is super sweet. 

Thanks, Elenie!


Liebster is a German word and it means, sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. The award is given to followers with less than 200 followers.




First, I am supposed to list 11 random facts about myself. So here goes:

1. I am a wife.
2. I am a mother.
3. I work full time at a local university and I love it!
4. I love God.
5. I have a heart for homeless ministries and reaching the latch key kids of America.
6. I love ballet and watching anything that dance is involved. I am considering taking a few classes to remind me of my younger days ... once I lose some weight so I could actually move around like the younger girls!
7. I love helping out at church. I really, really love being a greeter.
8. I love to paint and create. Read on that HERE. I actually delivered two pieces today and I can't wait to do more!
9. I am a crier. I cry all the time! I cry when I am sad, glad, happy, or proud. If I see you cry...I am gong to cry right along with you!
10. I LOVE America's Most Wanted. I watch it every single Friday night. I love when Adam Walsh uses phrases like "Let's catch this Scumbag" or "Help me get the coward behind bars"... it is great!
11. Hydrangeas are my favorite flower.

There you have 11 RANDOM and BORING facts about me.

Let's see, next I am supposed to answer the questions that Elenie asked me:




1. Where was your first date with your Hubby/Significant other? 
     **That is such a great question... I went out with him on a group date for the first time for my cousin's husband's (my husband's best friend at the time) birthday. Ever since then... we have been inseparable!**

2. What is your favorite movie?
     **Also, another great question! I love movies so this is going to be a little hard for me to narrow down just one. One movie that I can watch over and over again is P.S. I love you and if I am watching it with the kids... Napoleon Dynamite!**

3. Do you have any special talents? If so, what are they?
    **Talents? Me? Well, yes. God gave me plenty of talents... I don't think I know them all just yet though! I used to dance, ballet. I also love painting, decorating, and arranging! I am an easy person to be around and talk to ... I love to listen and just "be there" for people in general.**

4. How long have you been blogging and Why do you like to blog?
    **I have been blogging for about two years but only got serious about getting all of my memories and thought down about a year and a half ago. I can't wait to order my first blog book. I want it to be something my children can look back upon and remember me and our crazy, bad, good, real life days! But mostly to remember how much I love and adore them!**

5. Do you like to cook? If so, what is your favorite recipe?
    **Well, I like to but it doesn't always turn out like I hope! I guess my favorite recipe is my chicken casserole. I kind of change it up each time I make it...but it never disappoints and everyone loves it! A close second is my homemade lasagna. That is John's favorite and so when I want to something extra nice for him I slave to make it for him!**

6. Pepsi or Coke products? ;)
    ** I guess since Pepsi pays the bills in my household... I will go with Pepsi. However... I do enjoy a good COLD, ice filled, coke zero every once in a while! I don't drink a lot of soda though. I mainly stick with either Milo's Splenda tea or water.**

7. If you could go back in time to one moment in your life, what moment would you pick?
     **The day my friend Susie moved ... she came by to say goodbye and my life was just hectic and crazy and I didn't spend enough time with her while I had the chance. I would definitely change that!**

8. How many children do you have/would you like to have?
    ** I have one (Kobe), He has two (Callum and Haley), and we have one together (Samuel). So that makes four. I consider them all my children. Callum, Kobe, and Samuel live with us in our home and Haley lives with her mom and visits us as often as possible. I love them all! And... I kind of think four is enough!**

9. What is the one beauty product you absolutely can't live without?
     **I don't know if it is considered a "beauty" product but I can't live without my Softlips.**

10. Name 3 things in your purse right now.
      **Wallet, A small Batman, and Colgate Wisp disposable toothbrushes**

11. Did you or do you play any sports? If so, what?
      **When I was LITTLE I played T-Ball. Then I progressed to cheer leading. I finally settled in on dance. I loved ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, and pointe. 

WOW! Elenie! Those are some good questions! Those will be hard to follow!


Let's see, next I am supposed to come up with eleven questions for the people I nominate and give the Liebster Award to...so here goes...

1.  What is the number one played song on your ipod?
2.  What is your LEAST favorite chore?
3.  What is your favorite quote/Bible scripture?
4.  What is your favorite food to eat? to Cook?
5.  What is your favorite sound?
6.  What is your favorite "ME TIME" activity?
7.  If you could go back to any age what would it be?
8.  If you could witness any event (past, present, future) what would it be?
9.  What are the first three words that come to your mind?
10.  What is your favorite book?
11.  Which movie can you watch over and over and it still "gets you" every single time?

Here are the blogs that I nominate for the Liebster award:

1. Lauren @ Being the Borquez's
2. Stacy @ Blogging With Stacy  
3. Mary Beth @ Life With The Alstons
5. MaggieMaggie Dawn
6. WhitneyThe Brink Bunch
7. RachelThe Johnson's
9. JenniferToo Goodin to be True
10. SarahAlways Ruffles
11. Cindy @The Landers' Life

Ok, I have listed my random facts, I have answered Elenie's questions, and I have written my own questions and nominated eleven very deserving {sweet} blogs for the Liebster award. All I have left is to go let these awesome bloggers know that  I have nominated them and post the rules.

Rules for the Liebster Award are as follows: 
(1) Post 11 things about yourself, (2) Answer the questions that your nominating blogger has set for you and then create 11 questions for your nominees, (3) choose up to 11 blogs to nominate and link them in your post, (4) go to their respective blogs and let them know, and (5) no tag backs! 

Thanks again, Elenie! I really had fun with this post!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE these posts and I also love P.S. I love you! It's one of my favorites and never gets old! Going to catch up some more on your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara Beth!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for nominating me for the Libester award. It is such an honor! :) Hope you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your answers and I love that you have a small Batman in your purse. Ha! The joys of little Boys! I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!