John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

He's a Good, Good Father

God. He is a GOOD Father to His children.

As you saw in my post earlier today, I didn't have the kind of morning that I wish I had experienced. Nor, did I provide the kind of morning to my child that I wish I had. That kind of thing can make you feel plain old terrible.

One of my FAVORITE Bible verses is this one:


   But you, O LORD, are a shield about me,
   my glory, and the lifter of my head.
Psalm 3:3

Sometimes when I am having a rough day I just get up and start walking around and repeating this verse over and over and with each time I lift my head. Literally lift my head to Heaven. I do this because I know that is where my hope comes from. I know that He is the literal lifter of my head. I can be in the WORST mood EVER and just start doing this and instantly feel better. Because I know it is the truth. 

I have struggled today with feeling really inadequate in several areas of my life. Especially the parenting area after this morning's events. I have been trying to feel better (which I truly won't until I see my little Sam man) and I stumbled across a devotion that is exactly what I needed. I know that God had this for me:


Yes, you have failed. So have I. But despite our failures, we are loved. So let’s no longer focus on the ugly way we feel, but on the beautiful way He feels. Rather than allowing our sin to be our shame, let’s allow Him to be our glory. May our heads and our hearts be lifted as we learn to look not to what we have done, but to what He has done for us.  



I encourage all moms to go read some of the devotions on this site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!