John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Monday, June 25, 2012

You Deserve Better Too

Yesterday at church we had a visitor. He has been there before and I have heard him speak and I always enjoy it. I made sure to get a seat near to the front (the last few Sundays have been so packed that I am finding myself further and further back and I like being up front).  I got my notebook out and took notes as he was talking.

I was a greeter yesterday morning and as I said "Good Morning" to one of my friends at church she told me that she wasn't feeling all that well and had been suffering from a migraine for the past couple of days. Later in the service the visiting pastor asked who was having a migraine and pain behind her right eye. She said it was her and he prayed with her for it to be healed...and it was. I love when God cares about the little things in our lives...even headaches.

Later through the service he called for people who had any unforgiveness that they needed to get rid of. I sat there proudly because I knew I had forgiven everyone who had ever hurt me or anyone that I felt had wronged me. He kept saying there are more of you. Please come forward. Still. Just sitting there. I began to justify in my mind and heart that I had forgiven everyone. I knew that I didn't have to feel it right away but I had to do it. Time and time again I had uttered the words (about the same person), "Lord, I may not feel it right now but I do forgive them and I pray that with time you will heal my heart so that I will feel forgiveness too". Then, he said there is someone who may not feel the forgiveness but has forgiven them... quit sitting there wondering just come on up here. (He may not have said those exact words there but it was similar) I knew it was me. I felt such a strong tugging in my heart and I knew it was directed at me. I went up there and prayed for my heart to feel what my mouth had confessed many times before. As we were standing there he said, "Who up here has a history of heart problems and a family history of heart problems and you are worried about it passing along to you and causing you trouble?". Again, me. There were others in the church as well and we said a simple prayer about our health and especially our hearts.

Lately, I have been hearing the Lord whisper to me that he wants me to start taking better care of myself. Not just health wise. But just all across the board. I know it sounds silly, but I have felt Him telling me to take time for myself and reward myself once in a while. I have talked about it with two friends and I actually put it as one of my goals for my 35 before 35 list . I have been feeling this for a couple of months now and yesterday the visiting Pastor spoke a few personal prophecies. He came to me and he placed he handed the microphone to someone standing there and he placed his hands on my head and he said that he didn't know where I worked or what I did but he sees me teaching. He went on to say that God was saying that he sees that I always want better for others and that I always put them before me but that I deserve better too and that I needed to start taking care of myself. WOW! I love when  God cares about the smallest details of my life. What probably seems tiny or insignificant to some was HUGE to me.

It made me think about how intricately he knows us and formed us. It made me think of this verse:


Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Luke 12:7


I am so thankful for a God who loves me and cares so much about me and who confirms things that He whispers to my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how AH-maz-ing! :) Very incredible, Sara Beth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!