John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Friday, June 1, 2012

What I Want You to Know--For My Boys

Things that I want my boys to know:

* God Loves You. Imagine how much I love you. He loves you more. Hard to imagine... I know... but it IS true.

* There is nothing that you could ever, ever, ever do or say or not do or not say that could ever make me love you less. Nothing you could do or not do or say or not say that would cause me to turn my back on you. I am your mother. I love you unconditionally. I am always here. Always available. Day or Night. Big or Small. Funny or Sad. Scary or Exciting. Share it with me. I want to know and help you.

* I know that you will want to listen to your friends more as you get bigger... fine. Listen to them. But, please oh please seek counsel from God, us (mom and daddy), and your pastor. Please pray about it. Please don't make decisions on your own. Eventually you will be an adult (as I always say) an adult in America. And you will be responsible for your own actions. Please choose them wisely. Even then... ask me. You don't necessarily have to do what I say or encourage you to do...but please get some opinions.

* I have made mistakes. Big mistakes. Please try and learn from mine. IF you can learn from mine then they were all worth it. I know you will have to live your own life. Make you own mistakes. I realize that. Just please listen when it is something that I know is going to cause harm or hurt and just trust me. After all, I am your mother. I only want good things for you and your life.

* I haven't always been the loving, caring, nice, generous mom that you know me to be now. People may say things about me...SO WHAT?! I know that I am made new by God. I know that he changed me from the inside out and made me a new person and I am made in His image. He makes everything perfect and He made me. I am perfect in His eyes. And guess what??? All of that applies to you too! 2 Corinthians 5:17 says Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! There are times that the enemy will try to lie to me and tell me that I am not changed...that I am the old me... I cling to this promise that my Heavenly Father gave me.

* Just like any parent, your Heavenly Father, only wants good for you. He wants to give good gifts to His children. There may be times that you don't feel like He loves you or you may not feel worthy to be loved. YOU ARE. You are worth it. When Jesus hung on that cross He had YOU in mind. He has a plan for you and for your life. I pray that your ears are tuned in to hear His calling on your lives. Even things that may seem bad... well, HE will work those together for your good too. Romans 8:28 says And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

* God is good. Even when there is NO good in you at the moment... He is. Rest in that. Are you alive? Are you breathing? Is your heart beating?? Then, your purpose hasn't yet been fulfilled...now tune in to the word of God and get moving!

* Accept Forgiveness. That is something that I have struggled with. I didn't feel as if I could be forgiven. You can. In fact, when you ask forgiveness God is so good that he forgets about it too!

* Forgive Others. If you choose to not forgive someone ... you are holding yourself captive. Freedom is in Forgiveness. Who cares who is right and who is wrong. Just forgive and act in love and everything else will just come on its own.

* Speak truth and speak love. My mouth has gotten me into trouble more times that I care to count and even think about. Please, take it from me... you don't always have to have the last word. You don't always have to "one up" the other person. I used to think I had to get that last little dig in on someone. You don't. It doesn't mean that my mind isn't smart enough to come up with a smart remark...it means that my heart is smart enough not to. Take this advice...it will save you a LOT of heartache and apologies in life.

* Love yourself. You are made in the image of God. You are worthy to be loved. I watch you and know that you love others by how you treat them. Sometimes in life it is hardest to love ourselves...try to get a grip on that as early as you can...it make it so much easier in the long run.

There are so many more things I want you to know. And I will get to them one day. For now we will call this part one.

Some small things you should just know:

*Be honest.
*Be Kind.
*Love others.
*If you forget to pay for something take it right back in to the store and pay for it.
*If you use the last of something...replace it or write it on the grocery/store list.
*Put the toilet seat down!
*Clean up after yourself.
*Clip your fingernails and toenails on a regular basis.
*Instead of walking over something just bend down and scoop it up and put it where it goes.
*Organize your stuff so you can always find what you are looking for.
*Always look presentable.
*Take care of your teeth!
*FINISH YOUR COLLEGE EDUCATION!


All of my love to my precious boys,

Mom

P.S. Even if it seems that there is NO ONE on your side and no one around for you... I am.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!