John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thankful Thursday 06-28-2012

This Week I am thankful for the following:

1. God's Timing. We may not understand it...but we know he is never late, rarely early, and always right on time!

2. Jesus' Love. I want to love more like Him.

3. John. I am thankful to him all the time for the big things like supporting us, loving us, etc but today to be very specific ... I am so thankful that he cooked and cleaned the kitchen last night AND he kept the kids quiet while I went to bed early  crashed on the couch. I also remember him whispering something sweet about Sam and I as he leaned down to kiss us as we slept together on the couch after turning on a cartoon.

4. My Kids. They are the *best*! Seriously. I am sorry... I know you all think your kids are the best...but mine really are :) They are so sweet and play pretty well together (most of the time) and when they don't play so well they make up easily and quickly. They tell me they love me and they still hug and kiss me. I have some pretty great kids.

5. Water Day. Thursday is water day at Samuel's school. This is the ONLY day of the week that he gets up and is ready to go to daycare and the ONLY day of the week that he hugs me and kisses me and tells me bye without making me feel like the worst parent in America for taking him to daycare.

6. Basketball Camp. This week I have not had to hear "I am Bored" from Kobe. Not one time! He has been at the basketball camp held here at the university and has enjoyed it SO much. I am really happy that he had the opportunity to go and learn and make new friends.

7. Summer Heat. OK, I know some of you just re-read that but seriously...let me tell you why: When it is 108 degrees no matter what you set your thermostat on it is WARM in your house. Turning on the oven would make it EVEN MORE warm in your house. Therefore, I have decided that this week we are going to have "easy meals" so that I don't have to cook in that hot kitchen! We have had sandwiches, wraps, pizza & corn dogs, and cereal (don't judge me!). I am starting to miss cooking though so I am going to fix taco salads tonight. Not too much cooking or TOO long for that HOT oven in the kitchen.

8. Our life. Tuesday night I sat down on the lid of the toilet to dry Samuel off and comb his hair and lotion him up after his bath and John walked into the bathroom and sat down on the side of the bathtub. He said, "You know, there are people out there with real problems. We are lucky to have the life we do". You know, he is SO right. He went on to say how bad he felt about complaining about little things when he sees people who have much BIGGER things and don't seem so down about life. He is right. We are very blessed.

9. Personal Days/Vacation Days. OH YES! I can't wait to use them next week!!

10. Results. I started a diet/nutrition regimen on the 18th. Well, really, I started it on the 1st of June but I really started it on the 18th. I am proud to report that I am down 9 pounds.

What are you thankful for?
                                             



                                                   

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog :)Sarah thanks for visiting my blog. I love that you have 3 dogs. Their names are so cute as well. You have a beautiful family! It's so awesome that you're thankful for God's timing. SO am I :) great to meet you. I just joined your blog :) Would love it if you joined mine too if you'll like :)
    www.findyoursparkle2.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucy! I am now a following member of your blog :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! I'm following you from the GFC Blog Hop! Look forward to reading more! I would appreciate the follow back! :)
    Have a great rest of the weekend!
    -Kat

    http://mom-uncensored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!