John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thankful Thursday 06-21-2012

Each week I try to think of TEN things that I am thankful for pertaining to that week. Sometimes there are a couple of the same things and sometimes they are completely different. Some weeks are harder than others to come up with ten things. So here is what made the cut this week:

1. Today. God woke me up. I am alive. I am breathing. That means that my purpose in this life isn't fulfilled yet and that gives me goosebumps to think of what He has in store for me!

2. Jesus. I am thankful for His love and sacrifice.

3. Empty Dishwasher. I am thankful that John was so kind to run the dishwasher AND put the dishes up last night. I LOVE empty dishwashers and empty laundry baskets.

4. Our Town. I love our little town. Sometimes, it can be too close for comfort but I love how we have little festivals and parades and when you go you see people that you have known forever. Tonight kicks of the Helen Keller Parade and I am really excited to take the kids to the parade and the street dance. I used to go when I was younger and I know they will love it!

5. Small Hands. I love when I am walking and I feel a little hand slip into mine. It is normally Sam. He is still little and doesn't mind getting caught out in public holding my hand but occasionally Kobe will catch himself still reaching for my hand. **Off topic but I feel the need to insert this: When we go jogging, if I slow down a little, Sam will slow down too and turn around to stay with us and Kobe will place his hand on my back as if to encourage me or let me know that he is right there. I have sweet boys!**

6. A Multi-Generational Church. I love that last night at church the youngest in the service was 11 and the oldest was 92. We talked about what the different generations would want the others to know about them. It was good. I can honestly say that our church meshes well and we are all able to have conversations with one another. We truly care about and love one another.

7. Unexpected Kindness. Each morning when I leave Sam's daycare I have to somehow get myself into traffic on one of the busiest streets in our area. Often I sit and sit waiting for my turn to pull out into traffic but not today. Today, a kind man in a red truck motioned for me to get in front of him and even held up traffic as I waited for a car in the turning lane to pass. I really appreciated the kindness he showed me this morning! Especially since, as always, I was running a tad late!

8. Late nights. I love staying up late and catching up on the shows on my DVR or talking to Kobe in the kitchen or having a family night with everyone. I like getting the most out of the day that we possibly can.

9. Eight. That is the number of days until vacation! Of course, we are having a "staycation" but I have some fun things planned for us to do that week. We have a lot of interesting places and things to do within an hour or so of here and I am looking forward to doing something fun and unique each day with the kids and John.

10. Insurance. I found myself kind of complaining that I had spent so much money this past week on medical visits and prescriptions. The truth is though, if we didn't have insurance it would be A LOT more. I am very thankful that we are insured. Samuel is having a little bout with his eardrum right now and I am thankful that we have insurance to help us along the way. Please say a little prayer for Sam. He has a perforation in his right ear drum and is possibly facing a skin graft to fix it. I made the mistake of reading about the surgery online and so now more than ever I am praying for that ear to be supernaturally healed by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!