John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thankful Thursday 06-14-2012

This week's list:

1. God. I have been praying about a situation for a couple of months now and on Tuesday night I just let it go. I gave it to God. I just told him that whatever His will and His way and His timing for the situation was that it was fine with me. I told Him that I trusted Him and it was His. Last night He completely and miraculously, and in a way I didn't think it would happen, solved the problem. He is so faithful!

2. Jesus. So thankful for our friend, Jesus. When no one else is there and no one else will listen... He will.

3. John and my kids. My life would be so boring without them!!

4. My parents. I am thankful for good parents who love us and always try to help us in all aspects. They are good parents. Today is their anniversary. I think they have been married for 37 years.

5. Rachel Johnson. She is really what I consider a true friend. A friend who loves you through the hard times and cries with you and prays with you and for you. A friend who also celebrates in the good times. She is so thoughtful and I am so blessed and honored to call her my friend.

6. Little Praisers. I teach in the children's classes at church. The young children's ministry is called Little Praisers. I taught the 4-5 year old class last night. They were so precious and so sweet and I really had a great time with them. We read books about Jesus and danced and sang as we praised Him. We had snack and played games and watched a movie. I really enjoyed that class last night.

7. Explanations. Last night, Haley (who is here for the summer) asked John if she could go to her cousins house this weekend for her birthday party. She explained that they would drive from Tennessee to our house to pick her up and then bring her home on Saturday evening. I stayed at church after they left to talk and he told her that he would have to wait until he talked to me about it. He explained to her that while neither of us "rule to roost" or "have the final say", we do like to consult each other on everything and like to talk with each other about things before we make any decisions. He told her that he was sorry that she grew up in a divorced family atmosphere (John and his ex divorced while Haley was an infant). He explained that she had never gotten to see how a real marriage is supposed to work and with her getting older he wanted her to see how a husband and wife should treat each other. It made me cry when he told me this. So precious.

8. My Fitness Pal. That little app! I mean, it has changed my life. So simple. So easy. I love it! I can track my calories and my exercise. What's not to love?

9. Crockpots. I am sure this little gem has made my list before BUT since I am going to use it today... it is back on here. I love that I can put something in the crockpot and come home to dinner. Sure, I have to make sides but those are pretty quick and what would have been a two hour process of cooking meat is now ALL done when I get home and we can enjoy a good dinner at a great time!

10. Experience. Experience helps you to learn what not to do, how to do it differently, what to do.

                                 

1 comment:

  1. God really does work in mysterious ways! I can't tell you how many situations I have prayed about and when it feels like he's closing a door I can always look back on the situation and am SO thankful how it all turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!