John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ten Reasons Why I Love My Life

Today I am linking up with Mom2Ruby&Max and participating in today's Tuesday Ten.

1. I have the *best* husband ever!  He is funny, silly, always on my side, serious when he needs to be, and supportive in all ways. I really love this silly picture of him.



2. I know I may be a little biased here, but I also have the *best* kids in the world too! They use their manners, they "defend" me, they draw me pictures, they want to snuggle with me, they go jogging with me, and they love me (Flaws and all)! **Defend me: The other day we went trail riding in John's Jeep and we got stuck. So, we had to take a little walk back to the sign in station (I don't know how far but it seemed far--45 minutes UPHILL!!) and I told John to go ahead because I knew he could go faster than me and I hated for him to wait on me. So, he went a little faster but would not let me get out of his sight. Sam rode on his back. Kobe held my hand. Would.not.leave.his.mother. He said he needed to walk with me in case an animal tried to get me. If John is pretending to hurt me I will say, "Sam come save me!" and...for those who know him in person...you know he will. He thinks he is a tough/army man/fighter man/superhero man. I love them.



3. My little dogs. I love my dogs!!! (Most of the time) They make messes sometimes but I still love them. They are so cute and sweet. They are Buster (Boston Terrier), Chief (Boxer), and Levi (Pug). 

Buster

Chief

Levi

4. I am loving that I am more active than I used to be. There is something to be said for getting out of the house with your family and going for a walk or jog. Or just getting out ...period.


5. I love that I have a home to come to when the day is done. A home that I share with John and with my kids. A place that is safe. It is warm in the winter and cool in the summer. A place where we eat watermelon on the front porch and catch lightening bugs in the front yard. We live on a dead end street and we own three lots in the city limits so we have plenty of room to run and play! It is home.

Excuse the child that opened the door as I was trying to take the picture and the mud riding Jeep and the package UPS dropped on my porch! Still... I love this house! We are definitely outgrowing it but it is my home!

6. My Parents. I love that my kids get to go to Nana and Papa's house on the weekends sometimes and that my parents are so close by for us to hang out with and spend time around them frequently. My mom always sacrifices so much for me and my kids. She will help with them when they are sick but not sick enough for me to miss work. She carts them here and there for me at times. She never missed anything I did in school and she rarely misses a football/soccer/basketball/band event or practice. She kept my childhood home running and helped my dad with his business too when I was growing up. She sacrificed then and continues to do so even now. She loves me, John,  and her grand children. She is such a great mom and Nana and my kids and I are blessed to have her!


My Dad and the boys

My Mom and the boys


7. My Grandparents. I love that we all live so close to each other. I love that my boys get to go to their great-grandparents house a couple of days each week and hang out with them while I am at work. They get to "go all over town" as they put it with them and I know they enjoy the simplicity of being with them.

My PawPaw and Granny with Sam

PawPaw and Kobe fishing (Sam and Papa were there too)


8. My Job. I love my job. I have said that a thousand times but I really mean it! I just love it! I am so blessed to have a job that allows me to participate in my children's lives and be off with them when school is out and get off shortly after school lets out. I have the best of both worlds! I get to work and help provide the fun and extras to my kids and I get to participate with them too! I rarely need to miss a party or event unless I just don't feel the need to participate or if one of them says...they are too big for me to... I am hearing that much more often now. AH! The joys of boys! I love my job!

Part of the UNA campus

9. My Church. I love my church and I love the friends I have made. I was at the very first service that this church held. I have been in on it since the beginning and it is my church. It holds my church family. It holds my Pastors. I love it.

The Sanctuary at Church of the Shoals


10. Last but CERTAINLY not least. I LOVE my friends. I love that I have a few good friends. I used to have many more but as life goes on we weed out and prune back. God places who need in our lives for seasons. I always hate to drift away from friends but then again, sometimes it is necessary. I am very blessed with the people that God has hand picked and placed in my life.







3 comments:

  1. This is such an uplifting post! I absolutely adore how your son stayed behind to hold your hand in case something happened to you on your walk :-)what a sweet heart! I hope my son Judah grows up with the same heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your list today, especially the topic! Thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life ROCKS! Thank you so much for linking up with me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!