John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Monday, June 18, 2012

Gold Medal Winner

Friday I had to take some time off to take Samuel to the doctor and get some things done. Kobe decided he wouldn't mind tagging along. We went to the doctor's office, to the mall, to lunch, and shopping for Father's Day. We were enjoying the day together and having a pretty good time despite Samuel not feeling so well. It kind of pangs my heart a little a lot that he is so used to ear infections that he just resumes life as normal and does so with a pretty good attitude. Anyway...back to the story. As my little boys were getting some extra time with me it must have really made Kobe happy because he put his hand on mine and looked at me and said, "Mom, if there was an Mom Olympics, you would be the Gold Medal Winner!". Samuel agreed. So, there you have it... the little things in life that help you keep going and keep smiling. It helps to hear that you are making a difference (and a positive one) in your kids lives ...straight out of their own mouths!

On an unrelated note:

Now that it is Summer and schedule is a term we no longer know the definition of... Kobe has been having "free reign" at our house at night. He can do whatever until whenever and so after Samuel is in the bed I begin some of my nightly "chores". One of those chores is making my breakfast and lunch for the next day. Each night for the past couple of weeks, Kobe has come into the kitchen with me and talked with me and kept me company while I measure and make my food. I am really enjoying that time with him and I told him so last night in hopes he will keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!