John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The 90's ...Oh Yeah!

I am linking up to Mom2Memphis&Ruby today for Tuesday 10 and the theme is:

Favorite Things From the 90s!

**Disclaimer: I can't believe that the 90s seems so recent...yet so far away... that tells me I am getting older**


1. Slap Bracelets!! I don't know how many of these I had but believe me, it was a lot! I loved to wear slap bracelets...but I especially loved exchanging them with my friends! I loved all of the crazy designs! Especially the "hologram" ones!



2. Debbie Gibson! Oh my... I used to dress up like her and turn on my tape and dance and sing in my room!



3. Saved By The Bell. I believe I have seen every single episode...my favorite character?  Zack Morris, of course!


4. Scrunchies! I had a whole bunch of these too. My mom would put my hair in a really high ponytail and I would always need a scrunchy and maybe even braid it and have one at the bottom too!
90s Hair Accessories















5. Beanie Babies! My mom used to drive me to this little store about an hour and a half away every time a new release would come out so I could make sure I was up-to-date on the latest Beanie Babies. I have kept a few and my youngest son has taken all of the "wild life" animals and claims them as his and the rest I am not sure what I have done with them but I had a HUGE collection.



6. Clueless! I loved this movie! I even went as Cher to a movie character themed dance once. I wore the red dress...it was fun!! And... I am sorry... I can't pick just one here so I have to say Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion! I still have the soundtrack!

                    



7. Super Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt on the Nintendo! I don't know how many hours I wasted of my life playing these games...and I still play Super Mario Brothers on the Wii. I can't tell you how excited I was when my husband showed me that I could still play!


I hated when that little dog would laugh at me!

8. Lisa Frank. All the cool kids loved her! I HAD to have these notebooks and pencil cases!




9. GAS PRICES! I remember when $15.00 would fill my tank up...and that is if I was completely empty!

And...drum roll please...my MOST favorite thing of the 90s:

10. New Kids On the Block.

I am not exactly sure how many concerts I went to...but my mom and my friends' moms were so great to take us each time they were remotely close! SO MUCH FUN! I remember once we wrote all over our jeans on the way there. "I love NKOTB" and "I love Jordan", etc.

My favorite... you already know...
I had THIS poster on my wall!


And Just because I didn't have a spot for 11... I am going to do a "bonus" favorite. It is something we ALL know and something we ALL sang from time to time...although I loved Ice Ice Baby...that is not it. Guess again!



And there you have it, my list of my favorite things from the 90s!

PSYCHE! (sorry, I had to throw that in)








6 comments:

  1. I loved reliving the topic too! Were you talking about PSYCH the show? I love that show! I missed Lisa Frank on my list! I love your list. Check out my Tuesday 10 if you have time! MostWhatMatters

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Lisa Frank! I totally collected pencils, folders, stickers...anything I could get my hands on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrunchies!! So many good things about the 90's! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Romy & Michele is the best!!! Love your list!
    Thanks for linkig up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wore scrunchies constantly. And weren't choker necklaces popular for a while? I'm thinking I had some of those too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beanie Babies! That was a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!