Favorite Things From the 90s!
**Disclaimer: I can't believe that the 90s seems so recent...yet so far away... that tells me I am getting older**
1. Slap Bracelets!! I don't know how many of these I had but believe me, it was a lot! I loved to wear slap bracelets...but I especially loved exchanging them with my friends! I loved all of the crazy designs! Especially the "hologram" ones!
2. Debbie Gibson! Oh my... I used to dress up like her and turn on my tape and dance and sing in my room!
3. Saved By The Bell. I believe I have seen every single episode...my favorite character? Zack Morris, of course!
4. Scrunchies! I had a whole bunch of these too. My mom would put my hair in a really high ponytail and I would always need a scrunchy and maybe even braid it and have one at the bottom too!
5. Beanie Babies! My mom used to drive me to this little store about an hour and a half away every time a new release would come out so I could make sure I was up-to-date on the latest Beanie Babies. I have kept a few and my youngest son has taken all of the "wild life" animals and claims them as his and the rest I am not sure what I have done with them but I had a HUGE collection.
6. Clueless! I loved this movie! I even went as Cher to a movie character themed dance once. I wore the red dress...it was fun!! And... I am sorry... I can't pick just one here so I have to say Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion! I still have the soundtrack!
7. Super Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt on the Nintendo! I don't know how many hours I wasted of my life playing these games...and I still play Super Mario Brothers on the Wii. I can't tell you how excited I was when my husband showed me that I could still play!
I hated when that little dog would laugh at me!
8. Lisa Frank. All the cool kids loved her! I HAD to have these notebooks and pencil cases!
9. GAS PRICES! I remember when $15.00 would fill my tank up...and that is if I was completely empty!
And...drum roll please...my MOST favorite thing of the 90s:
10. New Kids On the Block.
I am not exactly sure how many concerts I went to...but my mom and my friends' moms were so great to take us each time they were remotely close! SO MUCH FUN! I remember once we wrote all over our jeans on the way there. "I love NKOTB" and "I love Jordan", etc.
My favorite... you already know...
I had THIS poster on my wall!
And Just because I didn't have a spot for 11... I am going to do a "bonus" favorite. It is something we ALL know and something we ALL sang from time to time...although I loved Ice Ice Baby...that is not it. Guess again!
And there you have it, my list of my favorite things from the 90s!
PSYCHE! (sorry, I had to throw that in)