John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Whole Hand!

Five. That is how many fingers are on his little hand. He now holds all of those fingers up to show how old he is...he said it for the first time yesterday and my heart kind of hurt a little when I heard him say "I am five". Yes, Samuel, you are five years old.

Five years ago I nervously sat and wondered just how on EARTH I would love another child as I love Kobe. It seemed so impossible that my heart could love two kids that much--the same. Sure, I knew I loved Samuel and I was super excited to get to meet him and love him and take care of him...but I was a little nervous. (You can read more on his birth story HERE.) Now, I couldn't imagine my life without that precious boy. Not for one second. He is a little part that nothing else could ever fill in our family. I am so thankful for this child. I prayed so hard and so diligently for this child. When John and I first decided to try and have a baby I jokingly referred to it as "Catching a Dragonfly" (I am not even sure if I ever told him that...dragonflies are my favorite thing!) and one day he came home with a little wind chime to hang in the baby's room that had dragonflies on it. We found out about two months later that I was pregnant. I went and immediately hung it up in the room that would be Samuel's. It was such a fun time.

Samuel is such a funny little child! He has his very own mind and that is for sure! He is a strong boy for just five and he isn't scared of ANYTHING. He is rough and tough and tells me he wants to be an "Army man" when he grows up.  He loves anything that will get him dirty and loves playing outside. He loves camping, hiking, and playing army. He loves being in the water. He loves chicken, corn on the cob, and of course, french fries. He loves juice boxes of any kind and string cheese. His favorite treat is M&Ms. He loves going to his school and has made some sweet friends and learned a lot of new things this year. I can't believe he is going to be starting Kindergarten so soon! He knows all the books of the Bible, he says the blessing for us each and every night, he checks on me and still likes to snuggle. He calls himself his daddy's snuggle bunny. He isn't a fan of going to bed in his own bed and while he may not start off there he ends up there and vice versa. His hair smells like apples after a bath and he loves playing with bubbles in the bathtub. He picks ONE animal to sleep with each night and he generally picks Broccoli. Broccoli is the first thing I ever bought for Kobe. It is a blue chenille bear and Kobe name it Broccoli and has now passed it on the Samuel. Sam loves Batman, Transformers, and his favorite movies are Napoleon Dynamite, The Dark Knight, and Chipmunks. He loves Popsicles, grapes, and peanut butter sandwiches. He loves playing "army" in our yard and hiding behind trees with his "guns". He loves our dogs. He loves animals in general. He likes catching them and holding them and trying to get me to let him keep them! He especially loves going to his Nana's house and catching frogs.

He is my sweet Sam man. My little Pumpkin Doodle. Oh HOW I LOVE this child and when he runs to me and hugs my neck OH SO tight after a long day. He tells me he loves me "with all of his hearts". He gets "embarrassed" when I tell him he is my little cutie patootie and turns really red in the face.  He can always make me smile. He has such a precious heart for others already. He asks me to go pray for people, which just melts my heart! He is my little helper, my little angel. I love him so much!

I still can't believe my little precious boy is FIVE. Oh time, please slow down!

Psalm 139:13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

1 Samuel 1:27 I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.

Thank you Lord for Samuel James Rainey! He is such a light in my life and I am forever grateful! Thank you Lord that you love him and protect him even more than I ever could. I have said it before and I will say it again, I can't imagine that anyone could ever love my children more than I do ...but I KNOW our Heavenly Father does... I don't know how...but it is true. Thank you Lord for seeing fit that I care for this child. That I be called "mommy" by him.

I speak blessings and favor over his little life. I pray that his way will be easy and that he will follow his Heavenly Father and be tuned in to what his purpose is in life. I pray for continued health and that his mind and heart would be filtered from as much hurt as possible. I pray that he makes good decisions and good friends along the way. I pray that he will always know that I am here for him no matter what! I pray that he always shares big and small things with me.

He is kind.
He is important.
He is smart.
He is a helper.
He is my baby.
He is my pumpkin doodle.
He is a good friend.
He is handsome.
He uses his manners.
He is a good little brother.
He is a good son.
He is a good grandson.
He is funny.
He is strong.
He is tough.
He is precious.

Happy Birthday to Samuel... my little Pumpkin Doodle!

Just for my own memory's sake I am going to post what we did for each birthday so that I can always remember:

1st Birthday: At the splash pad at Spring Park. We had a frog cupcake cake.
2nd Birthday: At home. We had pizza and cake and I believe we had a water day in our yard. (See why I need to jot these things down??)
3rd Birthday: We had pizza and a Toy Story cake at home with my parents and then went to a Monster Truck Show. He was really in to Monster Trucks that year.
4th Birthday: Splash Pad at Gattman Park. We did a Pirate Theme. You can read about that HERE.

**Bear with me, I couldn't just pick out a couple pictures I wanted to include here**


Sam at around 7 or 8 months old


You just have to KNOW Sam to appreciate this picture!

One year old Precious baby!


Always lookin' for a fight!

I just love how happy he is here...by the way...these headphones were not hooked up to anything. He just liked wearing them and it made him THIS happy!

Fishing with PawPaw and Poppa




Very excited about the fish he saw at the aquarium. He was about two.


Three years old...first four wheeler ride

Four years old

Last Year:


Yesterday at his *most* favorite place in the world: Buffalo Wild Wings

Five years old with his new "Army Man" haircut. Some would think this an inappropriate picture for the "five year old" candid birthday picture...but if you know Sam then you know this is him in his element: a Batman Shirt, his new Army man haircut AND he is eating wings at Buffalo Wild Wings. Yes, this is a perfect portrayal.

Sam,
You are my precious. My sweet angel baby. I love you forever. I will like you for always. As long as I'm living my baby you'll be!

Happy FIFTH  Birthday precious boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!