John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thankful Thursday 05-03-2012 (A Different Kind of Post)

This past weekend I went to the North Alabama Women's Encounter. This time I went as a server instead of a participant. It was AMAZING! I hate to even use the word "Amazing" because it was so much more than that. When I went to the Encounter as a participant I was floored. So many things were done in my heart and soul that weekend that I couldn't begin to even list them all here. John had told me that serving was even more of a rewarding experience but I couldn't imagine. He was right.

The weekend began with nervous and scared participants and transformed into a full blown God-centered weekend. I love each and every single one of the ladies that came and I feel so honored to have been able to serve them. I enjoy praying for others and seeing God set people free of things that have kept them down from the past.

I made some new friends and developed closer relationships with the ladies I already knew. I was able to give my testimony and how God has done a MIGHTY work in my life and testify to His goodness. I was also able to be set free from something myself that I thought no longer haunted me. God is so good that way.

I am so thankful for:

* the opportunity to serve others
* the opportunity to give a sacrifice of praise to God through standing up and giving my     testimony--that part was hard for me to relive and recount the things that I told...but God is faithful and he helped me and gave me the words to speak
*the opportunity to get to pray for others and to listen to them
*Making new friends
*the bond that will forever be between us ladies that were there that weekend
*the next encounter in October

God is so good and so full of mercy and grace. He supplies us with what we need...even words, boldness, and confidence. He is so faithful. He is so HOLY and WORTHY of our praises. I thank HIM for what was done this past weekend and it is all for His glory!

                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!