John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday 4-26-2012

This Week's Top Ten:

1. God. Our Heavenly Father. He has so much in store for us.

2. Jesus. The Way, The Truth, and The Life!

3. Family. My family means so much to me and I am SO thankful for them. I learn more and more each and everyday of why I love them so much!

4. Our Flowers. I am thankful for these flowers because they are important to my children. Each day when we get home they want us to water our flowers together. It may not take long and it may not be a really important task but it is something that brings us together.

5. Best Part of the Day. This is a little discussion we have each night at the dinner table. We were away from home for dinner with some fa,ily members. I began to ask the best part of their day like we would at our very own dinner table and each of my boys told the other kids that this was something we do at our dinner table every night. That meant a lot to me because it is something that they look forward to and it is building memories and becoming an important "Rainey" tradition to them.

6. Birthday Parties. I don't care for the fact that it means my kids (or myself or John) are one year older...but I love that it is the ONE day out of 365 that is to celebrate just that ONE special person!

7. New Friends. I am so thankful when the Lord puts new people in my life and in my path!

8. Menus. I am thankful that I like to create a monthly menu. It is so easy to just glance at it in the morning or the night before to make sure everything I need is thawed out or laid out so that I can just come straight home and make dinner for my family without a lot of hassle!

9. The Five Minute Drive to School Each Morning. I am so thankful for this time with my boys! I learn a LOT during that time and it gives us a chance to start the day out just right!

10. Afternoon Pick Up Time. There is NOTHING, I mean NOTHING, like the look on your kids faces when you pull up to get them in the afternoon! Those arms flung open to receive you in a hug and the shouts from their mouths "Mommy!". There is nothing better!

                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!