John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, May 31, 2012

My MOST Prized Possessions

I am linking up with Mom 2 Memphis and Ruby today (**Update... I am not linking up because I am late getting my post done ...but this is the page that hosted this idea for Ten on Tuesday this week. I hope to do better and link up next week**)and I will be doing a post about my favorite possessions. Possessions can be big or little. Expensive or not so expensive. These are the possessions that I continue to keep and that I hold the nearest to my heart:

1. My wedding band. Although, it doesn't quite fit me anymore...it is the ring that John slipped on my hand when we said "I Do." It has a special place in my heart and always will.


2. My Wedding Picture Album. I love this album. I love these pictures. They make me smile even on the worst of days.







3. Notebook Page Dividers. One Christmas back in 2007...John and I weren't in a GREAT place in our marriage and we had very little extra spending money. On Christmas Eve he gave me my MOST favorite gift from him ...ever...I mean it...hands down...best.gift.ever. He gave me a plastic three ring binder. He had covered the binder in fabric. When I opened it he had written down his first memory of me. He went on to tell of other favorite memories of us and then there was a few blank pages. He wrote that he hoped we would fill the notebook with more memories.


**Disclaimer--I know that there is a word on one of these pages that if you look close enough will confuse some of you...the word "Overdose". You can't read the whole "story" but it is about me thinking that if I took ONE sinus pill then surely TWO would be better and how it made me so hyper that I couldn't sleep and so John stayed up with me and we talked all night long once when we were dating.**


4. A Brown Envelope. It isn't just ANY brown envelope either. This envelope is one that contains letters from some of the most important people to me. When I went on the Women's Encounter we received a surprise package from home. That package housed letter upon letter from people who were special to me and anytime I feel alone or down I can open that envelope up and have a reminder of who I am in Christ and some very encouraging letters from people who love me.




5. Heart Shaped Rock. When Kobe was probably three or for he found a rock that looked like a heart. He gave that rock to me and told me he loved me. I found a little frame that says MOM on it and we glued that little rock in that frame. That frame sits on my nightstand and I am unsure if I will EVER be able to part ways with it.




6. These candles. These candles I have had for over ten years now. These candles were lit at my best friend Susie's funeral. I keep them on my dresser in a little cup. Everytime I look at them I remember her.




7. My photo book of Susie. When Susie died her mom gave some of us a photo memory book of her. I keep this book and pull it out when I need a good cry and a good laugh with her.





8. A picture of my Granny Doris. There is a  picture that is one of the only pictures I have of me and my Granny Doris. It sits on my dresser as well.


9. These Charms. They were given to me for Mother's Day this year and I love them. I love them because there is one for each boy and they were each picked out very carefully and with love.





10. My Bible. It has gotten me through a lot of tough days. It has reminded me of promises that my Heavenly Father has given me. He has tear stained pages where I have wept when I read of his love.

**As mentioned in a previous post...my camera has somehow disappeared. So, please forgive me for the pictures that I took with my phone. **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!