John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

This past weekend was such a fun and exciting weekend. We had plans to watch my friend Lori's little girl Izzy while she worked on Saturday so when she came to drop her off Friday night, her husband and John watched all the kids so we could go to a girl's dinner! We went to Ricatoni's and ate dinner and just chatted like old times. It is hard to chat sometimes with kids running in all directions so it was very nice to have some grown up time.

Later that night we were all settling down and getting in our pajamas when Kobe's brother's mom called and asked if we could keep an eye on the boys the next day while she worked. Of course, I jumped on the opportunity to help her out, to get to see them, and for the kids to all get to play. We decided for her to go ahead and bring them over Friday night and let them spend the night. So we had a house full on Friday night.

Saturday morning everyone ended up sleeping in and that was just fine by me since we stayed up so late the night before. We had cimmamam (as Samuel says cinnamon) rolls and oatmeal for breakfast. After that we let the kids play outside because it was set to rain and we wanted to get some of their energy out! My parents ended up stopping by and we all ate lunch together. We had every child's "dream" lunch: Fried chicken, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy, baked beans, and biscuits! It was so good! The kids all ate so good and then they wanted to play again! We didn't quite beat the rain so we opted for movie time. All the kids (and the big kids too!) took a nap.

Karter, Kobe, and Kameron napping together
These three boys were so sweet together this weekend. Samuel did feel a little left out at times with me and John watching everyone and trying to give everyone our attention and Kobe wanting to spend extra time with Karter and Kameron, so he decided to just hang out with big brother Callum some Saturday afternoon. They all ended up coming together to play with...you guessed it... Samuel's Batman toys. He has plenty to go around and for a while it was just Samuel, Karter, and Kameron playing together! We got all the kids to the table and let them make their moms a card and made a gift bag for Beth, Karter and Kameron's mom. I took a picture of the boys and framed it for her and gave her some lotion and some papmered chef stuff just from them!


Karter and Kameron

We decided we needed one with all three brothers and then one with all four brothers! Samuel says they are his brothers too!


Karter, Kobe, and Kameron


Karter, Kobe, Kameron, and Sam
After these pictures we decided it was dinner time. They had played football, read books, played soccer, played in a tent, rode scooters, played with slinkies, colored, watched movies, and played with all the toys! We had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches per their request with cheese puffs! Kameron ate TWO sandwiches! Samuel requested that I cut them into dinosaur shapes. So I did. Shortly after dinner everyone left and went back to their homes but we sure did miss them pretty quickly!

Sunday morning I woke up to a very loud noise and went to check it out and found Samuel and Kobe trying to keep quiet while John went out to get Mother's Day breakfast. As soon as I walked into their room they both told me "Happy Mother's Day!". Then they quickly asked if they could give me some goodies that they had for me. I knew that John probably had a "plan" but I said of course because they were so excited. Kobe gave me a card that he made at school and of course I cried when I read the inside of it. It was so precious and he wrote it just for me. Samuel made me a card that had the ocean and a dolphin on it because he says he wants to take me to the ocean so I can see a dolphin! Callum gave me a very sweet note... his notes always make me cry and a red rose. I am telling you, I am one blessed Momma!! I went ahead and started getting ready for church and then I heard a little knocking on the bathroom door and it was Samuel. He said they were ready for me to come to breakfast. We had pancakes, biscuits, sausage, eggs, hash browns, and my favorite... glazed donuts with icing and sprinkles. I couldn't eat all of mine so I saved my donut for later! Then Samuel gave me a card that said "To the Ruler of the Roost!" and when you open it up it plays the Chicken Dance and has chickens on the inside. It is so cute!! He even signed his little name on it! Then I got some flowers...Samuel is really into all things that are advertised on TV so when he gave them to me he said, "Look Mom! Proflowers!!!". Then I got a necklace with three charms. Three charms for three boys. A cross, A dragonfly, and a initial charm with the letter "R" for Rainey. I love it! I can wear them all together or separately. I wore them all together yesterday but today decided to just wear the dragonfly. It is so pretty! After breakfast we went to church where John and I were in charge of the 3-4 year old classroom. It was so much fun. We had free play, praise and worship time, snack, a lesson on moms and then we made a couple of little crafts for mom. Since Samuel is in our class (for now) I helped him and it was a special time between us.

After church we decided to go to the Mexican restaurant near our house for lunch. It was so good! Afterwards we came home and took a nap! Well, I did anyway! Then I just got to be lazy and watch girl movies and girl shows except for a little bit of the time that I let Samuel and Kobe play a game on the "big TV" in the living room.

Before bedtime, I got another couple of "Happy Mother's Day" sayings from Samuel... I think he was hoping it would score him a later bedtime! We had a wonderful weekend!

I couldn't imagine my life without these boys. I mean, what would it even be like? I am glad I don't know. I wouldn't change a thing.

Thank you to Kobe and Samuel for making me a mom. I love being your mommy. You will always have a safe, non-judgemental, loving place to call home... wherever I am...that is where your home is too!  You two are so very, very special to me and hold such a special place in my heart. One that can only be filled by you! I pray for you daily. I love you so much it literally hurts sometimes!! Your Heavenly Father loves you even more than I do... I can't imagine how...but I know it is true. I love you so much! I love you forever! As long as I am living my babies you'll be!


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a Happy Mother's Day...the boys look so precious taking a nap! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!