John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Holy Birthday, Batman!

This past weekend we celebrated my little Samuel's birthday---Batman style! He has loved Batman for a while now. His favorite toy: His Batman Cave and Batmobile. His favorite movie: The Dark Knight. He has even requested going out in public dressed as Batman...and not during Halloween either! And...I let him. I let him because he is only little once.

"Fighting Crime" in our local WalMart
So, it was NO surprise to me when he said he wanted to have a "Batman Party"! It was my absolute pleasure to give him exactly what he wanted....after all... he only turns 5 ONCE in his life!

He changed where he wanted to have it several times. At first it was the park, then the splash pad, then McDonald's, then Forest Jumps. This is what the invitations looked like:

My sweet friend, Lori, made the invitations for me and they turned out even better than I imagined! I loved them! My favorite part is RSVP to Batmom! My sweet friend, Starla, gets the award for most creative RSVP. She sent me a text and said, "Hey Batmom. This is Biblemom (Bible man's mom). Matthew will be there on Saturday to help save the day!" She is such a sweet and fun friend!!

I decided on the decorations early in this process. Of course, I would use black, yellow, and blue since that is what is in the invitations. I planned on using some toys from home as centerpieces on the tables. The menu was kind of hard for me because we were having the party at Forest Jumps and I didn't want to feed them TOO much and then watch the kids get sick after all the jumping. So, I asked Sam what he would like to have. I kind of liked his ideas and so I stuck with those. I made labels for all of the food and named each item after a Batman character. The menu was:

* Bats In A Blanket (Pigs in a Blanket)
* Joker's Peanut Butter Sandwiches
* Two Face Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
* Mr. Penguin's Puffs (Cheese Puffs)
* Bat Power Cupcakes
* Mr. Freeze's Fruit (Apples and Grapes with Dip)

I cut each sandwich into the Batman Symbol and all of the kids really loved eating those. I also placed a basket of Samuel's favorite candy (M&Ms) in a basket as the centerpiece on one of the tables.


Front of the table where the line would begin for food. I always like to frame an invitation and have it displayed at the kid's parties.

Bats in a Blanket, sandwiches, and a basket full of party favors

Food Table

This year I took a photo of Sam in his Batman costume holding his hand up showing that he is FIVE and wrote "This Superhero is 5" on the frame and placed it at the end of the food table.

Cupcake Cake...Samuel picked this out and he said he chose it because it came with a motorcycle launcher and Batman. Good Choice.

This Superhero is 5

I used the Joker's house as a centerpiece on this table


Batman in a basket full of M&Ms as the centerpiece on this table

Food Table. I used a large black plastic tote as my drink cooler and we just had bottled waters and juice boxes

I had a very hard time deciding on what to use as party favors. I love giving out party favors. I went through a dozen choices and finally decided on crayon roll ups. My mom and I went shopping and picked out the perfect Batman fabric and she made crayon roll ups for each child to take home. I also handed out a Batman coloring page to go home with them as well.







Crayon Roll Up opened up

Crayon Roll Up all rolled up and tied with a ribbon and ready to hand out with a favor tag

Back of the favor tag
His favorite part of the party was blowing out the candles on his cake and opening up presents.

He got a HUGE variety of toys this year. He didn't need a one of them but he loved opening them just the same! He got a lot of Captain America toys, swim trunks, water toys, clothes, and toy guns. He got Legos from Pastor Ben and Lauren and when he saw them he said, "That was nice for someone to bring Kobe something too." I explained that while Kobe did like Legos these were brought for HIM. He was super happy about that. It is his first set of the Lego sets that build actual items.

He ran, played, and jumped with his friends and wore himself out!


After the party was all over and we unloaded everything out of car he decided he wanted to play with the toy that we (me, John, and my parents) gave him for his birthday: A Galaxy Tab. He always feels left out because we all have phones to play on and he had nothing but a DS. So, now he has something that he can get apps and games and most importantly...Netflix! He crawled up in my lap and told me how much fun his party was and how much he loved me. I really enjoyed this party with him!


Me and Sam after his party!

I think he was completely exhausted by this time but we were all in our Batman "gear" so I wanted a picture

This Superhero is FIVE!


2 comments:

  1. BY FAR one of the cutest birthday parties I've ever seen! Happy Birthday, Sam!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet and memorable party...I know he LOVED it! Great job Sara!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!