John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Monday, May 7, 2012

Excuse Me...but I Am in the Middle of Something

 Excuse me if I don't make it to dinner with the girls or to get a manicure or pedicure. Please excuse me if I don't sign up for that committee at school or if I buy cookies for the bake sale. I am probably busy doing one of the following:

* Helping name Sam's stuffed animals
* Reading a chapter book with Kobe
* Having a Rainey Family Cinema Night
* Working the concession stand
* Sewing the head back on to the GIGANTIC stuffed monkey
* Cutting sandwiches into dinosaur shapes
* Mixing just the right amount of peanut butter with jelly for sandwiches
* Standing by the shower trying to help Sam learn to take a "big boy" shower
* Cooking dinner and dessert (normally a pudding cup or cookies!) at least four nights a week
* Hearing about my children's day at school
* Listening to a song that Callum wrote on the computer (I still don't get how he does that!)
* Looking at a village Kobe/Callum built on the computer (don't get that either!)
* Helping Sam feed and build homes for virtual pets on the computer
* Saying good night prayers
* Turning on night lights
* Turning on lullabies
*Covering up feet that were left out of the blankets
*Talking about Jesus and trying to answer questions about the Bible
* Pouring "orange drink" in the right super hero cup
* Taking Kobe to basketball/football practice
* Picking Callum up from band practice
* Watching an Honor's Day program
* Attending Kindergarten orientation
* Helping figure out which diploma best fits Callum's needs
* Doing laundry
* Creating a scavenger hunt for my kids to do while I am out of town that will result in little trinkets and notes from me!
* Hugging
* Snuggling
* Laughing
* Rubbing backs
* Scratching arms
* Cleaning up the kitchen and the floors

I could go on but...excuse me... I am in the middle of something... it is called being a mommy!

*Love it! I found this cute blog that was similar and I had to do one! I wouldn't want to be in the middle of anything more than I want to be in mommyhood! Complete and unconditional love for my boys!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute post...love it:)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! Glad to have you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!