John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

This Is Why

I love my husband:


* He still likes going on date nights with me and looks forward to them

* When I am having a rough day ... he cooks dinner

* He tells me I am pretty and beautiful at just the right times (when I am feeling especially un-pretty)

* He comes up with creative ways to help the kids with their school work and projects

* He calls to check on me

* He randomly text messages me just to say he loves me and misses me

* He makes the bed when I am low on time because he knows it means a lot to me!

* He calls and sings songs to my voicemail... and then I keep them and save them and go back and listen to  them when I am having a hard day

* He doesn't mind being the "bad guy" for me or for the kids

* He presses on and presses through ...even when he doesn't feel like it

* He is a good employee and honors authority

* Without me knowing, he has secretly sold his stuff to give us things we wanted or needed

* He once left the house while I was cooking dinner to run to the store for something while I finished up and got plates ready. Nearly thirty minutes later I call to check and see if he is almost home and he says no. He told me he was going to Wal-Mart. This was not his original destination so I had to ask why. He said that as he was leaving the store he was in, he walked out and saw a lady crying and beginning to write on a sign. He asked her what was wrong and she began to tell him that she worked but had just enough to pay the rent and gas to get back and forth to work and had no food. She explained that as embarrassing as it was...she was going to have to make a sign to ask for money for food. So, my sweet husband went and bought her groceries. When he came back she said she wasn't sure he would come back but she had to wait there and see because she had never had anyone do something so kind. He stood there while his stomach growled and his dinner plate cooled and ministered to her about the love of Christ. He would never tell that...because hat is just the kind of man he is!

* He stops to help people on the side of the highway

* When my sweet little Levi had kennel cough he looked up ways to help him at home until Monday came and we could get him to the vet. He got up through out the night and ran a steamy hot shower and shut himself in the bathroom and mixed him several home remedies and fed it to him through a medicine dropper. (He will kill me for this one...but he did it because he knew how much the dog meant to me!)

* He is kind

* He is patient

* He does what it takes

I could go ON and ON and could keep on listing the reasons ...but these are just a few of the many reason I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!