John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Monday, April 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday 3-5-2012

This Week's Top Ten:

1. God. As this week is Easter week I think about the great sacrifice of God...to give His only Son to die for us so that his blood would cover all of our sins!

2. Jesus. The pain and beatings he went through to hang on the cross. No one put him on the cross and murdered Him. He laid His own life down for me...and you!

3. My boys. We had a chat the other day at Target about Easter. Samuel kept really playing up the Easter bunny and it was bothering me. So, I earned the "Mother of the Year Award" (again!) and told him there was no such thing as an Easter rabbit. Kobe couldn't believe I had said it. He just looked at me and in that little disappointed sing-song voice said, "MOM!". I tried to save myself by telling Samuel that he should be glad that it isn't real and I asked if he really wanted a gigantic rabbit hopping through our home? He said he didn't. A couple of minutes later (after this had soaked in) he said, "I knew there wasn't a real Easter bunny because nothing really poops jellybeans!" I am thankful for their humor and innocence!

4. My Church Family. I am thankful that we get to spend some extra time with our church family. I am helping with a Pastor's appreciation breakfast and I get to hang out with some of my favorites from church. Then, we have a picnic/Easter egg hunt on Saturday and I get to share a lunch with a sweet friend, Rachel. Then I am attending both Easter Sunday services on Sunday. I am attending the 9 AM service and worked in the three and four year old room for the 11:00 AM service so I got to see a lot of friends that morning.

5. My Job. I know this crops up on several lists. I am just really that thankful for a job that is closed when my kids are out of school and allows me to be off with them.

6. Time with Family. This past weekend I was able to spend some time with John and all the kids. Haley was home for her Spring Break and so it was nice to have everyone in one spot.

7. Good Daycare Teachers. I am really thankful for the daycare and the teachers where Samuel goes to Pre-K. I love each one of them and so does he. They do so much with them and I am so pleased.

8. DVD Sales! I bought two DVDs for under $7.00 each. One was priced at $5.00 and one was priced at $6.99! They were both newer movies that my kids had asked for so I didn't feel so bad having to pay extra for the newest DVD they were asking for to accompany their Easter baskets.

9. The Unknown. I am thankful for the unknown. Most people would say...WHY on EARTH are you thankful for that... well, the reason is this: it makes me rely on God even more!

10. Almost Summer! It is almost summer time! I don't care for the hot weather but I do love extra time with my kids and a shortened work day.

                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!