John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ten

Today is Kobe's TENTH birthday. WOW! A lot changes in ten years. Ten years ago at this moment I hadn't even met Kobe yet. I hadn't seen his face, kissed his cheek, or held him. I had no idea what was in store for me.

 You can read more on his birth story HERE.

This past Friday we celebrted at The Next Level with a Laser Tag party. He had a great time! All the kids that came seemed to really love it! Since the party was from 8:00 until 10:00 at night we deicded to just have snacks set up for them to have throughout the night. We had Sour Patch Kids (Kobe's favorite), Cheese Puffs, and Pretzels and Doritos Mix. I mixed up a large drink dispenser of Orange Gatorade (his other favorite) and let the kids serve themselves as often as they liked. We had cupcakes with neon colored icing. We had the facility set up a cotton candy machine and made each child some large bags of cotton candy to carry home along with a small bottle of gatorade that had a tag that read: "Hope you had serious fun with a laser gun!". It was super cute! Afterwards, three friends (Braeden, Luke, and Brandon) came over to spend the night after the party and they had a great time! However...once again...NO pictures! I was too busy to even think about pictures! I will try to do better next time!




Kobe is definitely a "momma's boy"...in the sense that he prefers to be around me more than anyone else! He is funny and eager to please others. He really makes me beam with pride and thankfulness to our Heavenly Father who saw fit for ME to be HIS mom.

He informed me this morning that he is over half way to going to college. Oh, Please don't remind me! It literally pangs my heart to think of my life without him in my home. I know all mothers must go through it but I sure don't want to be reminded and have it flaunted in my face before it is time!

He is always on the Honor Roll. He helps others. He is a sweet and loyal friend. He loves basketball and football. He enjoys going hunting with his poppa and wrestling around with John. He is thinking about taking a wrestling class this summer and I am really happy for him. His favorite team is Miami Heat. He loves getting fish for dinner. He likes riding his scooter and playing soccer in the yard.

He is my first born.

He taught me what unconditional love is. He taught me what sacrifice meant. He proved me wrong when I thought my parents were lying when they told me that punishing me hurt them worse than it hurt me. They were right. He has taught me what it means to be motivated. He taught me what a "second wind" meant when I would get out of school and go to work and get off from work and go to pick him up... that is when I got a second wind and wanted to stay up later than I should just to talk and cuddle him. He taught me about putting others first. Mainly him. He taught me what I wanted to find in a husband. I knew I had to find someone who would love him and feel the same way I did about him.  He taught me so much and I am sure will teach me many more things.

He made me want to be a better person. He made me want to set a good example. He made me want to prove statistics wrong. He made me want to prove others wrong. He made me want to put all other things aside and just be...his mom. He made me grow up. We shared some growing pains between the two of us. Me... learning to be an unselfish parent and him learning as a child. He has helped  make me who I am today.

He is a "bridge". He bridged together generations in a family that has had a history of racism. He bridged a gap between a father and daughter that I wasn't sure could ever be filled. He bridged a gap between a young lady to a young mother (and, yes, now an "older" mother). He bridged a gap between kids in different places because he can identify with all kids. He will continue to be a bridge between others throughout his life.

He is important. He is kind. He is special. He is smart. He is a good friend. He uses manners. He takes care of his things. He cares for others. He defends his friends and family. He is sweet to animals. He holds the door open for others and often helps others without me asking. He is a good young man.

He is my son. He is my little Kobe Ko. No matter how big he gets...he will always be my baby. I love him so much that it literally makes me cry and my heart soar.

My hopes for his future:
*To grow closer to God
*To continue to excel in school
*To enhance his natural talent and practice and be the best he can be in sports and other activities
*To make sure his education comes first
*To get (atleast)  his Masters degree
*To go on to get a great job and have an amazing life doing something that he loves

I am so thankful for this child and I have been forever changed since I met him. He is such a great kid. I can't imagine my life without him.

Happy Birthday, Kobe!

I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.

Oh! I can just hear his precious little voice saying these words along with me when he was little in my mind.

I speak protection over him. I speak good health over him. I speak revelation of the love of our Heavenly Father over him. I speak blessings on his life. I speak success and happiness over him. I declare that he is blessed coming and going in Jesus name.

Of course, this is how I remember him:




This is the picture I took of him this morning at 6:15 at the school before he left on a field trip to the zoo:



I can't wait to see what God's plan is for his future!




1 comment:

Thank you for your sweet comment!