John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday 3-15-12

My FAVORITE post of the week! This week's "Top Ten" things are:

1. God. He is really putting some dreams into my heart and working on my heart in some different areas. I don't want to go into the details just yet but I am praying that these dreams and desires in my heart will be manifested. I know that He delights in me and so I know he wants to help me fulfill these dreams that He gave me.

2. Jesus. I am really trying to see things and people as Jesus would see them. I am so thankful for the example that Christ set for us all to follow. Wouldn't it be a great world if we all tried to be more Christ-like?

3. John. I am so thankful that God worked our marriage out in His timing. He knew that we were meant for each other. After all, He designed us. He actually MADE us for each other. I now know why our marriage took such an attack during our first years of marriage...we were such a threat to the enemy. The enemy knew that we are powerful together and we intend to keep seeking after God and spreading the the gospel, love, the healing power of Jesus, and forgiveness in all areas of our lives!

4. My boys. What a joy! I was entrusted to raise three boys every day. God must really think I need to work on my patience! I am so honored to be a role model and good example to my sons. They all mean so much to me and in their own special way. It is true that you don't love either one any more or any less... you just love them and God expands our love to abound to each child...just the same.

5. Haley. Although I may not get to see her all that often... I know that God has placed me in her life specifically for a purpose. We may not know exactly what that purpose is just yet... but I believe it is to be a good godly female influence and to be an example to her. I may not see or talk to her very often but my love for her is the same.

6. My Church Family. John and I have made some of the best friends at our church. We enjoy being with them at church...but we also enjoy being with them outside of church too.  We text, meet up for lunch/dinner, chat on the phone, check on each other, encourage one another, pray for each other, and most of all love one another.

7. Promises. There are many promises in the Bible. I am so thankful for the promises of my Heavenly Father.
    1 Peter 24:25      The grass will dry up and flowers will fail but My Word will endure forever.
    Thank you God for your promises!

8. Pretty Days. Today, it is not too hot and not too cold. There is a gentle breeze blowing and I have the outer door to my office open and a nice breeze is blowing through. Today is a really nice day.

9. A Servant's Heart. I am thankful that the Lord has blessed me with a servant's heart. I enjoy serving others in many different areas. I love planning meals for people at our church, I love serving in our three year old class in Little Praisers at church, I love greeting members and guests as they enter church, I love helping others when they can't reach something on a shelf at the store, I love helping others load their things onto the counter at the store, I love helping others pick up things that they have dropped, I love taking/serving food to someone who doesn't have any food and clothes to those who have few or none, I love telling people about what God has done in my life, I love calling to check on others or sending a note or card. I just love simply "being there" for others.

10. Newness. I love things that are new. It makes me feel especially happy to think of ME being NEW in Christ! When we accept Jesus as our Savior, He does a MIGHTY work in us. He makes us NEW. I love my newness! Although it has been ongoing for a couple of years now, God is infinite. He can keep making things new ...it isn't just a one time thing. It is a life time thing.


                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!