John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Oh My!

I am sitting here absolutely SHOCKED that it is almost March. The good thing about that is the cold/nasty weather is almost gone and warm/pretty times are ahead of us. The bad part about this is that this is the time of year when I feel OLDER! This is the time of the year that my family starts having birthdays. We have John's on April 14th, Kobe's on April 25th, Haley's on April 28th, Callum's on May 29th, and little Samuel's on May 30th. OH WOW! Luckily, Callum never wants anything TOO big done for his birthday. Normally just a night to Buffalo Wild Wings and maybe rent a UFC fight or have a couple friends over. Haley is not normally with us on her birthday so we do a birthday dinner at our home when we see her and give her money. The other two...not.so.simple. I have a few ideas brewing in my head and I love to party plan so I will enjoy all the buying, decorating, putting together, and organizing for sure. PLUS I get to plan and have one more party as well this year... can't tell you what that party is just yet...it is a surprise to be revealed in a few days! I love having a party for the kids but it always makes me reflect and think about how big they are getting so quickly. Callum will be 15 this year, Haley 14, Kobe 10, and Samuel 5. My baby is going to go to Kindergarten. Luckily, my sweet boss suggested I put his name on the Kilby list and see about him going there since we will be so close and I could check on him everyday if I felt the need. She also works at Kilby with the education majors for their student teaching so...she will be there to check in a couple of times a week as well! We will find out for sure if he "made the cut" sometime before Spring Break. He is really excited to go to Kindergarten near the Lions. **For those of you reading that may not understand this: Kilby is a K-6 Laboratory School here on UNA Campus and is literally across the street from my office. It is a great school that is very advanced and I have heard nothing but GREAT things about it.** Updates on my family:

I have begun volunteering with a faith-based  local establishment that helps women who have substance abuse problems and have agreed to taking on some extra responsibilities in the Children's Department at church. I am also serving at the next North Alabama Women's Encounter in April and I am really looking forward to this event!

John is still very involved with the planning and implementing of the North Alabama Men's Encounter and stays very busy between that and being involved in the Praise and Worship Band at church.

Callum is trying to figure his way out in high school. His freshman year is almost over. As I type that I look to make sure that the information is correct...it is so hard to believe that in just a couple of years this child will be an adult! He will get his driver's permit in May and that just blows my mind. He is a great kid and I look forward to making plenty of memories with him during his "last years" at home.

Haley is still living in Indiana with her mom. We are praying that the Lord will move her closer to us...but most of all that she finds a place to fill comfortable and continues to go to church and develop a deeper relationship with Christ.

Kobe is enjoying school as he always has and was asked to play on the travel basketball team for Muscle Shoals 4th grade this year. He is learning so much and I am so very proud of him. He is on the honor roll and is doing great in academics. He has a *big* event coming up soon...but I can't share it just yet.

Samuel is really learning a lot at his preschool. They are top notch and I am so pleased with his teachers and the whole center as well. He loves his friends, his school, and going to chapel every day. I am really going to miss him going to a Christian school when he starts Kindergarten. It means so much to me that he gets to go to Chapel everyday and learn to pray and worship. He has a perforation in his right eardrum and has had some minimal hearing loss due to this. The doctor we are seeing is a man of God and we absolutely love him. He is praying for Samuel and for a complete and miraculous healing from our Lord so that Samuel doesn't have to go through a surgery. We will go back in June for a check up and I am going to continue to pray for a complete healing and restoration in Samuel's hearing. Please add him to your prayer list.

So, it looks as if I have a busy few months ahead of me. I look forward to these moments with my family and I will cherish each and every single one of them. I can say that I am one blessed lady!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!