John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Buttons

Buttons. We all have them. On our cars, washing machines, blenders, microwaves, and even on some toothbrushes! Buttons are everywhere. But, these aren't the buttons I am talking about. I am talking about our very own buttons. The ones we "wear" but others can't see. The ones that people push in good and bad ways. Mostly we hear of people pushing our buttons and that makes us think of someone who has aggravated us or made us feel offended.

I have decided to remove my buttons. I will no longer have these little things that people can do to bother me. I am going to pray daily that the Lord will just take off my "buttons". Sometimes, buttons make us act in ways that we normally wouldn't even dream of behaving. I don't want that temptation any longer so I am deactivating those antagonizing buttons!

When we squeeze an apple we expect to see apple juice and the same with when we expect to see orange juice squeezed out of an orange. So, why aren't we all just as shocked when we see anything but LOVE come out of a Christian when they get "squeezed"? I have seen it happen time and time again and I have even been the one in the pinch that didn't behave the way I had hoped. I have changed that over the past year and a half and I plan to keep getting better. The only way to not get your buttons "pushed" is to remove them. So... goodbye buttons!

thread13.gif - 6.0 K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!