John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Bushel and A Peck

My mom used to sing this song to me when I was a little girl. She sang it to Kobe when he was younger. I learned not long ago that she sings it to Samuel because he came home singing it one day too. That gave me the perfect idea for a Christmas present for her. We had a lady handmake her a necklace that says "I love you a Bushel and a Peck" on it. It is out of metal and copper. There is a round metal piece that says "A bushel and a peck" aroud the outside of it and a horizontal copper piece that lays over the top of it that says "I love you". It is a memory that she has shared with each of us. The song goes:

I love you, a bushel and a peck. A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck!

Of course I sing it with them at home sometimes but this a special thing with Nana. I hope that when they are older and have children of their own they will remember this song and sing it to their babies!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!