John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Friday, December 9, 2011

Thankful Thursday 12-8-11

1. God. He has been really showing up and showing out in our lives lately!


2. Jesus. Just to hear his name makes my heart feel so full of love.

3. Answered Prayers. John and I got in agreement and prayed a VERY specific prayer and I KNOW God heard us because He answered it and He answered in the way and at the specified time we asked Him to. He is so good!

4. John. It really does a heart good to see my husband stretching himself as a Christian and pray for others and be obedient to Christ.

5. My boys! Last night Kobe and Samuel took this mommy on a date. First, they took me to see Santa, to the Collector’s store (they like looking for the cheap basketball/baseball cards and at the dolls action figures, to Finish Line, to Romancing the Stone, and finally out to dinner at Zaxby’s. We had a *great* time and I do not believe I will ever forget hanging out just the three of us!

6. My Job. I am SO very thankful for my job. I love love love it! I love my co-workers and my boss and every single thing about it! I am so grateful!

7. My Church Family. My church, Pastors included, really showed me what “family” is all about. John and I have been dealing with some legal issues (nothing bad and when the time is right… I will share) and we had a court date last week. I had people calling me and coming to me asking to be there to show support for us. The hall was overflowing with people just wanting to be there for us. During the time of people pouring out love and support for us the Lord reminded me that at one time in life... hardly any one would stand by me and Many times not many people would show support or love to me and he showed me that this was his way of restoring what was lost. That is one of His promises to us and He definitely came through loud and clear on that one. He says that he will restore what has been taken or lost... My sense of love, self worth, self esteem, and support from others had been taken from me at one time but He restored it more than I could have ever hoped for! They were there and prayed over us and our family and were in intercession for us the entire time. I am so very thankful and deeply grateful for each one of them.

8. Our Friends. We have some really good friends. I am so thankful that God has placed these people in our lives. I love them more than any words I can ever type on this page. Particularly, “Uncle” Aaron and “Aunt” Lori. They were so good to us this past week and went out of their way to show love and support to my family that no words could ever thank them enough.

9. Peace. There is nothing like PEACE. Last Friday night, for the first time in probably ten years, I laid my head down on my pillow and I had peace. Peace that I could not ever describe. It was like a mighty tsunami of the Lord’s precious peace came over me. I am so thankful for peace and rest.

10. Restoration. I have had some ugly things said about me and some accusations pointed to me and I knew that I wasn’t wrong in the way I did certain things or handled certain situations. It broke my heart, especially because it had to do with my mothering abilities. I knew that this was the enemy trying to plant things in my head to make me feel unworthy or not “good enough”. The Lord whispered to me and told me that I need to lift my head and not worry about a thing. He told me that I could just step back because He would step in and defend me. And… He did. The Lord says that what the enemy meant for harm He will restore and He will turn it into good. He always works everything together for our good!

                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!