John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

This Christmas was a little different than other years and I am really happy with the way everything turned out. Christmas started for me on December 16th when I got off from work and started my very own Christmas vacation! I had a couple of days without the boys because they were still in school/daycare. I used my time very wisely and wrapped presents and did any last minute shopping and running around that I needed to. I ended up checking Kobe out of school early on Tuesday ...just because. On Wednesday morning Samuel and I woke up bright and early and got ready and went to Kobe's Christmas party at school. We ate breakfast foods and hung out for a little while and when it was all over... we all came home! On Wednesday night we had a Christmas party at church. It was so much fun and we got to hang out with some of our best friends and talk and the kids got to play and it was just a really fun time. We didn't want to leave! We hung out at home most of the week except for the few times we needed to run to the store for something we forgot or something I thought of and we had fun just being at home together. Friday night when John got off from work we set out to the mall and  out to dinner. We had fun just us. Hanging out. Saturday was Christmas Eve and John and the boys headed out for their annual tradition of shopping on Christmas Eve. This year I went with my parents to pick up the Christmas ham and a few last minute gifts. I always think of something else I wish I had bought or something I would have liked to buy but didn't and go back and get it anyway! I finally got home and cooked my side dish for my grandmother's house. This was the first family get together that we have been to in over a year so I was anxious and excited to see how it would all play out. We dropped off our food and went to Christmas Eve Communion at the Ark with a good friend and my parents. After communion we all (including our friend Mario) went to my grandmothers for dinner and presents. It was very nice to sit and talk to my family and especially my grandfather and my grandmother. I am really glad we went. The kids had a great time and have already asked when we would be going back. That evening when we left we went to see the Christmas lights (our family tradition) and sing Christmas songs in the car. When we got home we realized that Santa had already come. We missed him! We weren't home so he left the boys a note and some pajamas and nicely told them that they better get their little rear ends in the bed if they wanted him to come back. Each year, he does this, and each year the kids act like they can't believe it! It is so funny! So, we put on our Christmas Eve pajamas and sat out our cookies and milk and our apple for Rudolph. We sprinkled our Reindeer food on the lawn and went to bed. Samuel didn't think it was fair that we didn't go get in our bed too... he wanted to wait until we did... already a little too smart for his own good! We decided that Santa would take a backseat this Christmas. We let him come to our home but we told him he would only be bringing a few small gifts for each child.  Finally... around 1:00 AM John and I headed to bed. At 6:30 two little very excited boys came and tapped me on the shoulder and said Santa had come and wanted me out of the bed! So John and I got up and watched them ooohhh and aaahhh over their new presents and then we unwrapped out gifts under the tree. Everyone really enjoyed what they got this year and I am so glad that they did. I put a lot of effort and time (and money) into all of this and so it was really rewarding to see them so happy and excited. Although, I could have stopped after one gift...Kobe stopped doing anything once he saw his ipod touch and Samuel was only interested in his Batcave

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

At my grandparent's house on Christmas Eve--Kobe and my grandfather, Samuel and my daddy

Samuel is on the right and Kobe is on the left... fast asleep...waiting...
"..While visions of sugarplums danced in their heads..."
Santa came to see the dogs!
Kobe was visited by Santa
Samuel was visited by Santa and Santa even left his big red bag!

Our Christmas Tree


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!