John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Friday, October 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday 10-20-11

Some of you who actually follow this may notice that last week I missed posting a Thankful Thursday. Well, I had a VERY busy week and I was trying to get prepared to start a new job and getting packed and everything squared away to leave for Women's Encounter at church. SO... with that said... here is this week's Top Ten things I am *most* thankful for:

(Note, I am writing this on a Friday because it has been a very fun and busy week!)

1. God. He is so powerful. Things that you thought you had under control and "fixed" can be brought to the surface by Him in an instant. He will then help you deal and get rid of the baggage! He is truly an Awesome God!

2. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus. I truly do not have the words to express how I feel about Jesus when I think of all the time that is spent in intercession at the right hand of God the Father on behalf of me and my family. What GREAT love!

3. John. I went on a lunch date with John today. He didn't really have the time but he decided he didn't have time not to either. I am so lucky to have him as a husband and as a father to our children.

4. My KIDS! I love my boys! They are so sweet and teach me things daily. They keep me on my toes and thinking all the time...which keeps me "young" so I will take it.

5. Friends. Old and New. I made some new friends this past weekend at Encounter and I am so BLESSED to have some new girls in my life. Girls that live like me and strive for what I strive for. Girls who have the same interests as me and the same goals. Nothing like a good "girl" friend! I can't wait until I see some of them at dinner on Saturday night.

6. My Parents. My Parents have been so helpful to us during this transition time of me going back to work. They have picked up where we left off and pitched in when we couldn't. I am so thankful for my parents.

7. My Church. I love my church. It is such a great place of worship, receiving God's word, and of fellowship and friendship. I am so thankful that the Lord brought us to Church of the Shoals. Hebrews 10:24-25

8. My NEW Job. I am so thankful for my new job. I have tried for several years to get this job and now the Lord has decided to bless me (and my family) with it! I LOVE it.

9. Prayer. There is so much power in prayer. I feel so sad for the people who will not trust in the Lord. I just wonder sometimes how I made it through those tough times without Him... I wonder how long it will take the world to see that they NEED Him.

10. New Recipes. One of my new co-workers has printed off and shared several new recipes with me and I can not wait to try them!

                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!