John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday 9-8-11

My Top Ten this week:

1. God's Timing. It actually makes me laugh! We think we know so much but we have no idea! I just have to sit back and hand it over because I can see that I have NO idea what to do. Sometimes I find myself feeling a little guilty for not praying for certain situations...but I was reminded this morning that I no longer have to worry or pray for those things... it is off of my plate. I have just handed it over and I have to let God do His will and everything else will just fall right into place.

2. Jesus. He can't love you any more or any less than He does at this very moment!

3. My babies. I love my boys. I mean, I can not express with words the feelings I have for my precious kids. I would do absolutely anything for them. I love when Samuel runs to me and hugs me tight and when Kobe seeks my approval or Callum asks my opinion. I am so blessed and what's even better... I know it so I don't take advantage of it!

4. John. Oh! That man. Bless him for having to put up with me some days. I wonder why he does sometimes but that doesn't matter... all that matters is that he does and he does it with a loving and supporting heart. I love him!

5. Trips. I love trips. Especially trips that I clean up the house and do laundry before we leave so that when we come home all I have "to do" is wash the clothes we wore while gone. This past weekend we got to visit my in laws and it was so nice to see John and his sister hug. It made me so proud and happy. His mom was so happy to see us as well as his dad and Diane and I love each of them so much. It is nice to be able to share time with all of them at the same time. Sam and Kobe didn't want to come home! I am seeing a few days visit in their future!

6. Plans. Plans that you can keep "under wraps" and surprise your family and kids with later. I love plans that fall apart into something better. I love plans that go according to how I imagined. I just love having plans.

7. Church. I love Church of the Shoals. I missed it so badly while we were gone this past weekend. I longed so badly to be there and was so thankful to be there last night.  John and I talked several different times about how much we missed seeing our friends and being at church.

8. Experience. I love that I am beginning to get enough experience "under my belt" that I feel confident and happy with my decisions in parenting and in life for that matter. I am happy that I am becoming more mature and can think things through instead of acting on impulse and possibly making a bad decision.

9. LEFTOVERS! I love making dishes that I KNOW will last more than one meal. I love making spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna, chili, taco soup, chicken casserole, etc. My children love all of these dishes so they don't mind eating them more than once and it lets me off the hook. I love making chili because then you can bake some fries and have chili cheese fries!

10. Friends. Real ones. The ones that call you on their lunch break just to see how your day is going. The ones that know what is going on and care enough to ask you about it. New ones and old ones... it doesn't matter as long as they are true, real friends. (My parents are included in this category... as I have gotten older they can now be my friends, too!)

                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!