John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday 9-1-11

I have A LOT to be thankful for this week but I will TRY to keep it to ten things:

1. God. I mean, enough said. He gives me new mercies every single morning and he forgives me and loves me unconditionally!

2. Jesus. Sweetest name I know.

3. John. He tries so hard to do everything. He tries to be at every event. He tries to give good advice and help around the house. He is supportive and hands out the discipline when needed. He speaks the Word of God over our family and prays for us. When I think of John the first thing that comes to mind is "A Man's Man". He don't mind getting dirty and sweaty working outside or on something, he don't mind helping with homework, wrestling around with our kids, running/hiking/walking, and he still finds time to snuggle with Sam, throw a ball with Kobe, practice drums with Callum, and hug me and plan surprise trips! I would say that is a Man's Man!

4. MY BABIES! One day I may stop calling them my babies but for now... it's not going to happen! I LOVE MY KIDS! I am *so* proud of Callum for digging in and learning his music for the band. I love that Callum stays behind to help other sections get their stuff together..even though it does make me wait in the car longer!! I can't wait to watch him in the half time show tomorrow night. Kobe makes my heart pitter patter with pride when I watch him play sports. Especially, when he is on the football field and players are swapped out... when those players run out to meet the rest of the team that is already on the field, Kobe is the first one standing there giving them five and pepping them up for the next play and I am proud of him for that. I can't wait to watch his game tonight. SAM! My little Sam man. OH, how he makes me laugh. I love that he wants to pray for everything and everyone. I love that he loves to worship with me in the mornings and that he loves to be my little snuggle bunny!

5. The Bible. There is some GREAT stuff in that book. If you haven't read it... you ought to! I am working on it now!

6. My Buster. I love my little Butter Bean. I am so thankful that I have him as a member of our family! He looks for me and wags his tail and runs to me when I have been gone. He also has started going everywhere in the car with me! He is my little bee-bee (baby) Buster Bean!

7. Surprises. I have one up my little sleeve. Well, John actually planned it but I can't wait until the kids figure it out!

8.Blessings. This week when I wrote our tithe check... it was more than I have ever written it for before. I consider that a blessing because we had more to give which means we recieved more this week too!! Thank you Jesus for your many promises!

9. Good Teachers. I had the priveledge of speaking with both of Kobe's teachers yesterday. They are the sweetest teachers. I know that this is going to be one of the last years of "elementary" and after that he has to be more responsible and I may not have a great relationship with all of the teachers he will see each day. So, that is why I am going to take advantage of it now. I absolutely love Mrs. Byrd and Mrs. Goins. They both had the best things to say and I am so appreciative of everything they do. I am super appreciative of Callum's teachers too... although I have not met ANY of them (I guess that is part of having a high schooler??) they have to be special... could you imagine working with teenagers ALL day??

10. My Parents. They are the best parents and grandparents EVER. I am so blessed to have them in all of our lives. My mom helps me learn to be a better mom and my dad shows John things and helps him learn things as well... we are very lucky to have them. Of course, my kids think they are the luckiest of all because that is their Nana and Poppa! Once, Kobe told me I was so lucky!! I asked why and he said, "Because, You get to have Nana as your momma and Poppa as a daddy!". Cute.

                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!