John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Friday, August 26, 2011

Thankful Thursday 8-25-11

My Top Ten Things I am thankful for this week:

1. God's Presence. I had a situation this week when I felt so overwhelmed it literally made me feel like I was being swept off my feet (and not in a good way). I retreated from the situation and I just prayed and while, the situation was still there... so was God. He stayed with me and gave me courage and boldness.

2. Jesus. I can't begin to type enough here. HE is my strong tower... all I have to do is call out His name and He will come. I can yell out His name and He will run to me! I have had such peace... just knowing that His promises are real and I am believing in Him and His Word!


3. John. I am so proud of him for stepping out of his comfort zone and going on the Men's Encounter this past weekend. My husband, our marriage (not that it was bad before), our children, and our home has been transformed. Thank you, Jesus! When your husband gets filled with the Holy Spirit and walks in line with God's word... watch out! John could have easily fallen apart this week... but he chose to stay strong for me. I love him. I couldn't imagine my life without him. I am so glad I was patient and didn't marry the first person that came along... I am so glad that I waited because God knew exactly what he was doing putting us together!

4. My Parents. My parents have been so great to help me out all throughout my life but lately... I can't even say Thank You enough. I am so grateful for them. I am happy to have praying parents who believe in the Word of God and remind me of it and speak the word of God over me and my family and pray for us. Blessed.

5. Prayer. I would not have survived this week without it. I am so glad that we serve a God who hears ALL of our prayers. He wants us to come to Him and talk with Him. He is just waiting to hear from us.

6. Unusual Ideas and Opportunities. I know that when a thought or idea pops into my head that it is a gift from God. I just can't think some things up on my own. The Lord shows it to me. I am so thankful He has chosen my mind to give some great ideas and given me the opportunity to implement them.

7. Faith. Believing. Enough Said. The Lord wants us to believe in Him and trust Him ... especially in our most difficult of situations.

8. Impossibilities. I had to strike that one out. Nothing... NOTHING is impossible when you have God on your side.

9. My Bible. I have "randomly" (not really, for we all know that there is a purpose and reason to everything) turned to different verses this week that I really NEEDED to read.

10. My Church Family. I could NOT ask for a better church family. I love each one of them. From the youngest to the oldest. I ran into some of the youth at our local high school football game... they each went out of their way to not only speak to my children but to John and myself as well. Now, that is some good home training! I love watching them when they don't even know it. I have ran into them at local restaurants and other places and they are always the *best*. It makes me so proud to watch them and just to know them is to love them. I love the little babies in the nursery that I privileged to watch one week a month and each and every person and the sweet friends that I have made while there. I also adore our Pastors. I could not ask for a better church family!

                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!