John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Friday, August 12, 2011

Thankful Thursday 8-11-11

My Top Ten for this week are:

1. GOD! He is GOOD all the TIME!

2. Jesus. I feel joy for the way he loves me, sorrow for the way he died, and glad that he saved me!

3. John. This week I have been "sad" to say the least. We got rid of Chief and I miss him and I was dreading the day that we said "good-bye". I have cried many tears and had emotions that I didn't think I would have over a dog. John sat down beside me on the couch, put his arm around me, kissed me on the head and held me. We knew it was best but it was still hard. He knew exactly what I needed. Sometimes words aren't needed...just the love and action that would have been behind them.

4. MY BOYS! They make me laugh. They make me proud. They make me cry! Right now they are making me laugh. They are playing a game and I just heard Sam tell Kobe, "I am going to KILL you if you beat me again." Of course, I called his name out and told him not to say that to Kobe. It tickled me because then Kobe said... Do It Then! And I hear a little tussle start up. I shouldn't laugh but it tickles me. Then Kobe continues doing what Sam does NOT want him doing so Sam calmly gets up walks up to the TV and turns the PS3 OFF! There. That ends it. I think Sam may have paid to close of attention to me when I act up over losing... I am such a sore loser and so competitive... at least he gets it honestly! They both do. Sam heard me laughing and yelled... "IT'S NOT FUNNY!". I told him I couldn't help it... he said... "THEN LEARN TO HELP IT!" Sounds like he has actually been listening to things I say to them.

5. Clean Dogs. I love a clean dog. Buster Bean looks so cute when he is all clean up. He feels good too. He just prances all around and acts like he is King!

6. Memories. I am glad we have the ability to remember. Whatever they may be. I have been thinking about Chief and I miss him. I am so glad I have good memories of him so that I can always remember him and laugh about things he did... and then cry because I miss him! I know it will get easier with time.

7. Oil Lamps. I don't know if that is the proper name but it is a little lamp that heats up oil that you put in the top of it and makes your WHOLE house smell YUMMY! Haley got it for me for my birthday. I wish I had found it before! I have already bought several different fragrances and I can't wait to try more!

8. High School Supply Lists. There were NONE!....yet

9. Staying Home. I have enjoyed my first week at home with my boys (and girls!).

10. Time. I like actually having time to do stuff!

                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!