John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

He Makes Everything New

I began thinking about how many "new" things I have going on in my life right now. I have a new job. I stay at home now. I am helping a friend out by watching her little girl, Scout. She is one, almost two and I ADORE her. This week while her mom is getting her classroom ready for next week I am also watching her sisters. We are having a fun time and I am enjoying having time with my boys as well.

I have a fourth grader now. That is certainly NEW! I can NOT believe that the little boy I brought home yesterday nine years ago will walk in to a NEW building at school this year and be an official Fourth grader! He is super excited about his NEW teacher and the NEW friends he will be making in his NEW classroom but I wish he could still just be the NEW baby I brought home that day. Time goes by way too fast!

I have a little boy who has a NEW schedule every day. He gets to stay with his mommy and he is LOVING it... and so am I. He also has a NEW goal. He is going to try to sleep in his own bed with zero accidents for the next week so he can get a NEW happy napper. I wish I could freeze time with him NOW! He is so sweet and LOVES John and I so much and is the best little boy ever!

I also have a little boy who has a NEW activity. Callum is in the MSHS band. Last night they had an exhibition show and when I saw him standing there on the front playing his little heart out and concentrating so he would not mess up (Freshmen have to be EXTRA careful you know!) and doing really well... I cried. I tried to pretend like I wasn't. But I was. I couldn't help it. I was feeling so happy and proud to see him involved in something he has wanted and he worked so hard on. He is also going to a NEW school and is going to make NEW friends and join NEW clubs and ...ok... that is enough... I can't think about that anymore! Soon, we won't even see him anymore when he gets his NEW driver's license!

I am also facing a NEW situation that I never thought I would but...that is how life works. John has decided to let Chief go to live with a NEW family. It breaks my heart. I hate to see him go. I love that dog. We just don't have the time to give him the attention he deserves. He is so big that he can't just hop in the car and go wherever we go and he needs a lot of human interaction and attention that we just can not give him with our schedules. I have cried many tears and said many prayers. John and I both talked to the family that we chose for Chief and we feel he will be very loved and well taken care of. They are so excited to be getting a NEW member added to their family ...about as happy as we are sad to see him go. He is such a great dog... I mean it, hands down the best dog we have ever had. I have tears flowing as I type these words but I know he will be better off. She is a SAHM to a little boy and that little boy and Chief will be NEW best friends. It rips my heart out. I will always remember and ADORE Chief. I absolutely HATE seeing him go.

I also have another NEW coming soon...but you will have to wait on that one until another post...another day...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Sara Beth! I know how hard it is to let Chief go, but just think of what a blessing he will be to that family.

    Praying for you on this NEW journey in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!