John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Sunday, August 14, 2011

And Time Marches On...

Tomorrow is a *big* day here at the Rainey House:

 Tomorrow, Callum enters HIGH SCHOOL! I am telling you the truth, it feels like just yesterday I was in high school. He will be a Freshman. He acts like he isn't, but he is so excited. I am so proud of the complete turn around he has made since the beginning of this year. He has brought his grades WAY up, joined clubs at school, and is now a member of the band. These are not easy accomplishments! They took work (on his part and ours) to get him to where he is today. I am very, very proud of him. Plus, he still tells me he loves me in front of the other kids... on the phone or in person! I know that with his new attitude and new school habits that this year will be a breeze. I know he is going to do so well. I am truly excited and anxious to see what is going to happen with him this year.

Tomorrow Kobe enters FOURTH grade. Excuse Me, Mister? I would like a refund on my time back, please??!!! I can not believe he is going into the fourth grade. He is a sweet, smart, and friendly guy and I know he will go far in life. I have been talking to him lately about the talents, gifts, and abilities that God has given him and how he can use them. I hope he listens because he has so much potential to make such a big difference in this world! I am so proud of Kobe. He wants to be bigger than he really is...and I am ok with that as long as he keeps hugging me and telling me he loves me, making good grades, and looking back one more time and smiling when I drop him off at school! I am excited to see what this year brings for him.

Tomorrow Samuel starts his new "routine". We are going to gear up and get ready for kindergarbage (that is what Sam calls it), I mean Kindergarten! I love, love, love this little guy. He is so funny and fearless. He keeps me laughing...most of the time! He is so loving and has such a sweet heart. He randomly walks up and tells me how much he loves me and "with all of his heart" and he tells me I am the best mommy ever. I am very happy to be able to spend some extra time with him now.

This month is going to get hectic. We will have band and football practice most days of the week and church activities on the days we don't. Even though the beginning of school and Fall are so busy, it is my favorite time of year. A time of change and a time of getting back to "normal". Change is near for the seasons and in the way they do things at school when entering a "new grade" and at home but yet we get on a regular routine. I love when the weather becomes cooler and when the leaves start falling. I am going to savor each and every single moment that I possibly can. I feel like time is marching on... sometimes it is going ahead of me and looking back yelling, "COME ON, SLOW POKE! KEEP UP!". But, I don't think I will. I like bringing up the rear and taking my time. I like sticking back and hearing the last word and watching the last glance. Life is so hurry up and wait! I am going to earnestly try to create lasting memories and fun times (more so than usual) with my boys this year. I am watching and thinking that in four short years... Callum will no longer live here. He will be off to college and then to the work world. Kobe is beginning to get to "that age" where he will begin to have priorities that don't include me. Samuel will start kindergarten next year. This is IT! This year is MY year. My year to have with all three of them while they are all still here and willing! I am very blessed to have the children that God has blessed me with and I thank Him every single day for them.

 

Proverbs 22:6  

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

James 1:17

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.    

1 Peter 2:9

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.  

Matthew 19:14

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
     


1 comment:

  1. I hope everyone (including you!) has a great first day today!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!