John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Friday, July 22, 2011

TWENTY TEN

So, I have been a twenty something for a decade now.  Twenty. Twenty One. Twenty Two. Twenty Three. Twenty Four. Twenty Five. Twenty Six. Twenty Seven. Twenty Eight. Twenty Nine. and now...

Twenty Ten. I think that is a very nice way of saying thirty. Twenty Ten. Sounds good to me.

John is really giving me a good "ribbing" about turning thirty and I know it is all in good fun and I can take it. It really doesn't bother me. The other day I asked Callum if I could go into his band camp and watch him for a few minutes and he said "Sure it's not like your old...I mean you aren't THIRTY yet." Everyone seems to thing "thirty" is old. SO, that is why I am turning twenty ten. That way I can be in my twenties and still be "cool" or at least a little cool.. OK, I know I am not cool in any way but hey, a girl can dream!

Monday morning I woke up to THIRTY black birds hanging around my home in various locations... makeup bag, ceiling fans, cereal bowl, lunch bag, you get the picture. Tuesday morning I woke up to a HUGE banner on the dining room table that said "Happy Birthday. The BIG 3-0"...all compliments of Haley.

I know that I have had friends who "freaked" out when they turned thirty and I have seen it on TV too. But, honestly I am just not that freaked out... granted it could be because after all I am ONLY turning twenty ten.

The best things in my entire life happened to me during my twenties. I became a mommy for the first time to Kobe. I met my John. I got married. I gained another son and a daughter and some new family members. I became a mommy to my second son Samuel. My twenties were great! I have heard that things grow better in time...so my thirties will probably be the best years of my life and bring even more great things and opportunities to me and my family!

I am just now starting to see what my life is about. I haven't figured it all out but the older I get...the smarter I get. I never would have thought that to be true...but what your parents say is usually right! I am in a really happy place right now. Everything isn't perfect. I am still being "worked on" by God. My family and my home is still being worked on too. But, I love the progress we have made and I love how my little family works together. I love the way John and my children make me feel and make each other feel. I love that I have found a true peace and a real relationship with Jesus Christ. I believe that the best years are yet to come for me. SO, I don't mind turning thirty  twenty ten. I like the way my life is going and I love WHERE my life is going. So, LOOK out world! I am one year wiser, stronger, tougher, and I am ready to take this chapter of my life on!

So, with that said....

Happy Twenty Tenth Birthday to Me!

1 comment:

  1. Happy happy happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment!