John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday 7-28-11

And for this week...the winners are....


1. God.  He is really "showing out" in my life right now and I am so thankful! He is really beginning to manifest the desires of my heart right before my eyes.

Psalm 27:
13 I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
 Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.

2. Jesus! He is worthy to be praised!

3. My Husband. This morning when I woke up I could not help but thank God for putting me in the "right season" in my life to know that I did not need to let an opportunity pass me by when I met John. I am so thankful that I woke up to see my husband having "alone time" with God. I am so blessed to be married to a man who seeks a deeper relationship with the Holy Spirit!

4. My Kids! You know, I have been sitting "back" and listening more lately instead of always leading the talking with the kids. You can learn a lot from them sometimes! I am also seeing opportunities just presenting themselves for me to "teach" them about. I love hearing their takes on things in life. It is so sweet, cute, and at times down right comical!

5. My Parents. I am beginning to see a trend in these posts with the some of the same things each week... but I just can't help but feel so thankful and blessed for these constant things in my life and my parents are one of those things!

6. Patience. It is hard. It is trying. It is worth it. Try it.

7. Love for My "Enemies". Or you may say... frenemies (friend enemies). They may come in the form of co-workers, the man in front of you in a check out line, a person at school, or even someone you just happen to run across in life. I have been treated very hurtfully and down right cold by someone recently. I chose to love them. When you have the love of God inside you ...it can't help but come out. When someone pokes me...I want love and forgiveness to come out... and that is just what happened. I was talked to so ugly but all that came out was in love. I am so glad I was tested so that I could "pass" that test!  I am so thankful that I am at a point in my life where I absolutely, beyond a shadow of a doubt, "get" that what others say,do, and how they act DOES NOT define me... what they say about me or to me doesn't mean it is true... it DEFINES them and who they really are by how they are acting. If one of my children reads this later in life... I hope they learn this sooner than I did. I use to let put downs and critical words define who I thought I was...now I know different. He makes everything glorious... He made me... What does that make me???

8. The Ability to QUICKLY forgive. I can honestly say that I do not hold grudges. I am so glad that I am past that. I don't have to stay angry with someone over something they did FOREVER ago. I can forgive and let go and let God. I LOVE what the Lord provides when we let Him take over.

9. My Church. I say "my" because I consider it my home church. It is a place I look forward to going and a place I LOVE being involved in everything that goes on. I love love love our pastors and each person at Church of the Shoals. What an awesome place!

10. Unexplained Blessings and Opportunities. I love these because that is when you KNOW God has His hands right in the middle of your life. He will if you let Him.

                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!