John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Friday, July 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday 7-14-11

Top Ten This Week:




1. God’s Blind Love. I say that because he sees through the rough edges, the “holes” in the knees of our jeans, the dust on the table, the junk left in my car, the crooked pictures on the wall, and all the mess and still loves us imperfections and all. He is Perfect Love!

2. Jesus’ Patience and Unconditional Love. There are times in life when we as humans do get angry and sometimes it causes us to lash out at our Heavenly Father. We question Him, “Why? Why, did you let this happen?” or “Why would you not work that out for me??”. We have to realize that He is working it out. It is already completed. He has finished the book. He knows what He is doing. HE IS IN CONTROL. Even when we lash out and get angry…He is still there just loving us and being patient with us like we would our own children. It literally brings tears to my eyes to even think about it.

3. John. This week has been rough. Last Saturday was probably one of the worst days I have had in a while. I lashed out on God and on John. Even though, the “bad” things happened to us both I still chose to take it out on John. He was feeling just as upset, if not more, as I was feeling. I felt horrible and so guilty. John truly showed me Christian love. He remained calm. He hugged me and told me that we were in it together. Those little things mean so much. I am so proud of the Christian man God gave me.

4. My boys! OH yes! These guys make my heart smile. They make my eyes light up and a little lump to form In the back of my throat sometimes. They are so sweet. I am so blessed to be called “mommy” by them.

5. My Parents. Last Saturday I was, as previously stated, having a "terrible, horrible, no good, very  bad day" (to say the very least). I called my Dad. He told me that it seems that I must be doing something right. He said that I am obviously intimidating the devil because he was coming after me and my family hard that day. My mom told me to put on the armor of God and fight the devil off with it. I am lucky to have such great parents.

6. Bad Days. That is weird to some I know. But, last Saturday a tree limb knocked out a window and dented up John’s car. Homeowner’s wouldn’t pay for it even though it was caused by a storm... and his car only has liability coverage because it is paid for. Our lawnmower died. I borrowed my dad’s to get through that particular grass cutting. His lawnmower died. We had some other things happened the day before and I was going off of two hours of sleep. Now, it doesn’t seem that bad but that day it was HUGE! I was literally praising God saying that the devil could just flee because His praises would always be on my lips and I was thanking God for all of His blessings when my dad’s lawnmower died. Later, I realized that without that lawnmower dying I couldn’t have praised Him in my “storm”. I was able to handle a situation that could have been horrible in a good way and it helped John and I get practice handling things as a Christian couple. It also made time for my dad and John to spend some time together and so… bad days… aren’t always “bad”.

7. Media Fast. I am thankful that John stepped up as the head of our household and decided for us to go on a media fast. At first, the thought of no TV or computer absolutely terrified me. Now, I honestly don’t know how I ever had time for it! I have gotten so much accomplished and spent some really great quality time with John and the kids. I think Family Board Game Night is going to be a regular at our house!

8. Only 11 more days of work! YAY! Then I can be home with all three boys and Scout! I am so excited about that. I am so thankful the Lord worked it all out. I just stepped out of the way and he did it all. Glory to God!

9. Saturday. Of course, I love every Saturday. But, this Saturday, Callum comes home from visiting his mom for the summer. I have missed him! I probably won’t see him much between drum camp, church beach retreat, and band camp but I am happy to be able to be there to take him to those places and be there when he gets home! I have missed that guy!

10. Talks. This week has brought on a lot and I mean a LOT of talks. We have had individual talks with Kobe and Haley and Aaron’s son Trace. It is good to talk to them one on one and see what is going on with them. What they are feeling and take time to answer any questions that they may have. We try to do this at least once every two weeks with each child and it really helps our relationships and I think it builds trust between us.

Your turn... what are you thankful for?
                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!