John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Monday, June 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday 06-23-2011

I was feeling “under the weather” last week and had a severe case of food poisoning so I am playing catch up this week.




The following make the list for the things I am most thankful for this week:



1. God’s Love. Wonderful.Perfect.Pure.Unconditional Love.

2. Jesus. How powerful of a name. Speak His name and He WILL come to you. At just the mention of his name the enemy MUST scatter. Thank you Jesus!

3. My Husband. John is just pitching in with so much lately and helping make my life a little lot easier. I really appreciate all he is doing. While I was sick he called to check on me A LOT and took very good care of me.

4. My Boys! Those two have been such a sweet and big help to me this week. I haven’t been able to move let alone do anything with them at all. They understood and brought me sprite,straws, and crackers. They rubbed my arms and most importantly stayed quiet so I could try to feel better. Then, finally Thursday night I began to feel a tad bit better and decided to preheat the oven and put some mini corndogs in for dinner. I know, great dinner, huh? But, just as I was feeling guilty for not making our regular type of dinner they both came running to tell me that I make the *best* mini corndogs ever and that I am the best mommy ever.

5. My Parents. I just so happened to get food poisoning the week of the month that John is super busy with work. He did as much as possible and helped as much as he could but there were times he simply wasn’t able to be there. My mom took and picked the kids up when we needed her to and my mom and dad took them for dinner, church, and then they got talked into ice cream too on Wednesday night. My mom also drove me to the doctor and waited with me. Nothing like good parents.

6. Medicine. I normally do not take a lot of medicine. Not even really a Tylenol. It has to be serious before I will even consider it. Let’s just say I took medicine this past week and I am so thankful for the doctor and the prescriptions.

7. Good Popsicles. I had Mayfield Popsicles (Sugar free) this past week and they served as my “meals” for a couple of days. They were yummy! All of the flavors were good but Cherry was my favorite.

8. TV Marathons. Criminal Minds and The First 48 kept me occupied this past week while I was at home and I really like both of those shows so I am glad that these were in “marathon mode”.

9. Answered Prayers. I have had a desire in my heart for quite some time and the Lord is working it out for me. It isn’t TODAY but it is so NEAR! I am so thankful for the opportunity and I can NOT wait to start a new “Chapter” in life.

10. My GREAT Church Family. I am so blessed with great Pastors and great church friends and family.

                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!