John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

John, Sara Beth, Callum, Haley, Kobe, and Samuel

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thankful Thursday 5-5-2011

My list for the week:

1. God's Love. Without His love and guidance. I don't know what I would do!

2. Jesus. Jesus... there is something about that name. Master. Savior. Healer. Friend. Advisor. I could go on and on!

3. John. He is so supportive of me. He isn't perfect but he is perfectly him! :)

4. My babies. I have had a rough day today. I laid on my bed and cried for a few minutes just to let it out and then... I came in the dining room and there my boys stood. Wanting hugs and kisses. They really do make my bad days GREAT!

5. My ability to learn from my mistakes. We are not perfect. We are human. But we can learn from our mistakes. Sometimes that means asking for forgiveness, being able to forgive, moving on as if nothing ever happened, or moving on without something or someone and loving them from a distance.

6. Bubbles. BUBBLES make any day better. Just blowing bubbles to the wind. I can imagine each of my troubles and worries floating away in that bubble... then Sam and Kobe POP them and they are forever gone!

7. Make-Your-Own-Meal-Night. When I make our monthly dinner menu I always randomly pick a night a deem it... Make-Your-Own-Meal-Night. Anything my children can create and make... well, they can have that for dinner. Of course, Samuel needs help but he can reach the hot pockets in the freezer and has a box of "just his" (ham and cheese) and he gets one out and helps me unwrap it and pushes the buttons on the microwave. I love those nights! Less time in the kitchen and more time with eachother!

8. Text Messages. I can't always be available for a phone chat. Let's face it, I work full time, I am in and out of meetings and balancing numbers,I am a full time mommy,wife,housekeeper, and laundry service...oh and a chef too! So, when I am sitting in my office and a text comes through, especially the one from Kobe today, it makes me smile. I love text messaging... the smallest little messages can make such a big difference.

9. Friends. My boys won't believe me, just like I didn't believe my dad but... we are so lucky if we have a whole handful of real friends. That is probably the toughest lesson I have learned in my adult life. It hurts but every year I find it harder and harder to count up to five people that I KNOW would come running at a mere phone call. But, for the ones that I KNOW would... that makes up for all those that wouldn't.

10. Pringles in individual containers and juice boxes. Some of you who just read that immediately thought... wow... she is lazy! Well, yeah, I can be. I love when Samuel asks me, "Mommy, can I have pringles and a juice box?" Why YES.YOU.CAN. So easy. I keep these things down on his level so he can get them. My boys love being able to get there on stuff. Don't get me wrong... if they want something they can't get or fix I will but the lazy side of me loves when they want the easy stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment!